Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Out on the Border

Default Former Eagles

Why are they all "Fomer Eagles" lumped together in one link? It would be nice to have each with their own link by name like the current members, as well as a photo of them on the homepage. Just a thought. Many Eagles fans originated from the music created by the members who were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... And a big reunion gig would be amazing. There's not time like the present!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Former Eagles

Welcome Allison – Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. The reason we don’t have separate forums for Bernie, Randy, and Don F. is simply because of the amount of activity. Even by combining this forum for all three former members, it simply does not have a comparable number of topics as the active members. If that changes in the future, I’m sure the admin would consider separating them. In the meantime, feel free to contribute to the activity here if you would like to see this happen.

I have also been a fan from the beginning of the band, and I love every incarnation of members. However, I always joke and say that hell would have to freeze over twice more in order for a reunion of all 7 members to ever happen. But, I also have learned from following this band to never say never.

ETA: Allison, I thought of this after I originally responded to you. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but we do have separate fansites for all 7 members that you may be interested in checking out. The links to the sites for each of the former members are:

BernieLeadonOnline.com
    RandyMeisnerOnline.com
    DonFelderOnline.com

Hope you will check them out and find them informative.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 05-01-2010 at 12:22 AM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

I'm with Allison. Bernie and Randy deserve their own link. Felder, I'm not so sure...
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

at GTLO
    ok, let's give Felder his own link.

But no way for Irving Azoff!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That's more like it. Personally, Irving sounds like a complete butthead, but we gotta take into consideration that the Eagles love him and his methods, especially Henley who is very close to him, and it's quite possible they may not have risen to the top as fast and stayed there all these years without his obnoxious little self battling everyone and everything every inch of the way.

That said, no damn link for Irv!!!
    As Henley said at the HOF induction---"he may be satan, but he's our satan".
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Irving is an a-hole. Henley loves him because he keeps him rich. But his Live Nation/Ticketmaster is a disgrace.

The person they owe their career to is David Geffen (who Henley of course hates).

No link for Geffen either, though!! But let's hook up Bernie, Randy & Felder

It's not that they don't deserve their own forums - their contributions to the Eagles are immense - but as I said earlier, the paltry level of activity for the past members would become painfully obvious if the forum were divvyed up. As it now stands, at least the thread count for this forum is comparable to the other forums. When the level of activity justifies it, I will split them up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

The Eagles are not the Eagles without Bernie, Randy & Don F. Definitely my opinion.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by The Thrill Is Never Gone View Post
    The Eagles are not the Eagles without Bernie, Randy & Don F. Definitely my opinion.
    I nearly choked on my cappuccino on that!

That's a bit funny since they've been touring and selling out venues under the Eagles name since the 70's without Randy and Bernie and since what, 2001 without Felder! Who was it I saw in concert in St. Louis in October?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Well, it's like saying the Rolling Stones aren't the Rolling Stones without Brian Jones and Mick Taylor, right? Even down to the similarity of Ronnie Wood and Joe Walsh joining their respective bands in '75 and have remained ever since. And even though the biggest hits came prior to two original members leaving. It's like someone not liking Mick and Keith, or wanting to see their show, or hear those great songs performed because Brian Jones and Mick Taylor aren't there. Strange.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 12-30-2013 at 06:46 PM.