Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Eagles

Out on the Border

Default Former Eagles

Why are they all "Fomer Eagles" lumped together in one link? It would be nice to have each with their own link by name like the current members, as well as a photo of them on the homepage. Just a thought. Many Eagles fans originated from the music created by the members who were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame... And a big reunion gig would be amazing. There's not time like the present!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Former Eagles

Welcome Allison – Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. The reason we don’t have separate forums for Bernie, Randy, and Don F. is simply because of the amount of activity. Even by combining this forum for all three former members, it simply does not have a comparable number of topics as the active members. If that changes in the future, I’m sure the admin would consider separating them. In the meantime, feel free to contribute to the activity here if you would like to see this happen.

I have also been a fan from the beginning of the band, and I love every incarnation of members. However, I always joke and say that hell would have to freeze over twice more in order for a reunion of all 7 members to ever happen. But, I also have learned from following this band to never say never.

ETA: Allison, I thought of this after I originally responded to you. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but we do have separate fansites for all 7 members that you may be interested in checking out. The links to the sites for each of the former members are:

BernieLeadonOnline.com
    RandyMeisnerOnline.com
    DonFelderOnline.com

Hope you will check them out and find them informative.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 05-01-2010 at 12:22 AM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

I'm with Allison. Bernie and Randy deserve their own link. Felder, I'm not so sure...
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Out on the Border

I've not joined a website before with posts, so this is quite fun. Thanks for the quick replies and warm welcome!

I am aware of the seperate, individual websites; however, perhaps the former members have less traffic because they are lumped together and attention is not so easily drawn to them (a marketing/website traffic issue, with poor billing)? Or not. Regardless, if this website is truly for the 'current' members, then it is nice to have any mention of former members at all. My comment was my first impression, first day on the site, fresh eyes. The impression was that the individual current member links, and photo at the top of every the page, gave them all the credit for the playlist/music catelog. But I guess it really only matters if the former members are happy with the format... not me. This was just my observation.

P.S. Nice to meet you all!

Hey Alison! Glad you've joined us!

In terms of the former members IMO I think the reason their forum has less activitity is quite simple; Bernie Randy and Don F are less visibly active than the four current members so it makes sense that their forum would be quieter. JMO of course

Nice to meet you, Allison!

I understand where you're coming from. I've considered divvying up the forums many times, but it looks kind of bad for the guys when they have so little activity in their individual forums. This way, the forum looks pretty active. I don't see why anyone who wants to talk about Randy, Bernie, or Felder wouldn't do so just because they're in a combo forum.

As for the banner at the top, I've actually designed several board styles, many of which include the former members in their banner. This one with the current members is the default, but anyone who wants the former members in their banner just needs to scroll down to the bottom where you see a white box that says "EOC Default." That's a drop-down menu, and you can select different era styles (For instance "One of These Nights") which will change the banner to show the members of your choice. You can also change your style in your User CP under "Edit Options."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Hi Allison! With the recent contributions of Gettheleadonout and Whitecap... for "former Eagles" threads are popping!

We all love to hear about any of the guys... so I hope you jump on in and share your thoughts w/the rest of the group! Welcome to the border!

Hi Allison. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Do you have a favorite Eagle?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

at GTLO
    ok, let's give Felder his own link.

But no way for Irving Azoff!!
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That's more like it. Personally, Irving sounds like a complete butthead, but we gotta take into consideration that the Eagles love him and his methods, especially Henley who is very close to him, and it's quite possible they may not have risen to the top as fast and stayed there all these years without his obnoxious little self battling everyone and everything every inch of the way.

That said, no damn link for Irv!!!
    As Henley said at the HOF induction---"he may be satan, but he's our satan".
    He sings it high, he plays it low