Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: San Jose, CA 4-30-10

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default San Jose, CA 4-30-10

Text from Lou at 4:16 (my time) "OMG OMG OMG" (I guess that meant it was good! Says "Concert was out of this world. All in great spirits and Joe really rocked it. Thought of you every time Tim sang!" awww Said Don looked sexy. Imagine that? Jess got good pictures also.

They are so pumped for tonight in the first row!!!

I can't wait to see these pictures and can you imagine the ones Jess will get tonight?

Has anyone else noticed---NO ONE has complained about the camera Nazis this time around! What the heck is up, no suits, M & Gs in town that Borderers need them and they are letting people take pictures and videos at will! They must be taking their happy pills!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default San Jose, CA 04-30-10

Well Rhonda and I are up and awake and running on about 5 hours sleep. The concert was amazing. The five of us had 12th row seats so we had a great view of all the guys. It was so much fun to be there with everyone! The crowd was really enthusiastic and the boys rocked the whole night. When the last notes of Desperado faded away you wanted to beg them to keep playing. What an awesome night!

The "camera nazi's" only seemed to take issue with anyone recording the show (though Annie got some really good audio/video of a couple songs using her iPhone until they made her stop). There seemed to be no issue with still shots though and Rhonda and Jess got some amazing photos that I know they will be sharing.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles in San Jose, CA April 30

Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear more. Of course, there is no pressure on you girls. Just take your time and keep us posted whenever you can. We're a patient bunch.

NOT!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That sounds like a very great evening! I'm looking forward to hear more and can't wait to see the pics!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

So, Were they allowing people to take "real cameras" into the show? Or was it just phone-cams they didn't object to? Oh how I wish that I'd been able to take a camera in to the concerts we attended 5 or 6 years ago <sigh>. Or to the Crossroads Festival in Dallas! But nope, they were practically strip-searching people before they would allow us onto the grounds <sigh>. Such good displays of guitars and guitarists there!

MikeA

Thanks WT for posting a tidbit about the show. Now, do you and Ticky have tickets to tonight's show or are you two heading home today?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    So, Were they allowing people to take "real cameras" into the show? Or was it just phone-cams they didn't object to? Oh how I wish that I'd been able to take a camera in to the concerts we attended 5 or 6 years ago <sigh>. Or to the Crossroads Festival in Dallas! But nope, they were practically strip-searching people before they would allow us onto the grounds <sigh>. Such good displays of guitars and guitarists there!
    Real cameras. Both Jess and Rhonda and many others had regular cameras there and as long as there were no flashes going off and you didn't leave your seat there was no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Thanks WT for posting a tidbit about the show. Now, do you and Ticky have tickets to tonight's show or are you two heading home today?
    No, sadly we have to head home. First we are going to have lunch with Jess, Lou, and Annie though. Oh, and deal with a flat tire

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    No, sadly we have to head home. First we are going to have lunch with Jess, Lou, and Annie though. Oh, and deal with a flat tire
    Uh-oh - first bit of car trouble from the San Jose camp.

Wait - isn't this when Don or one of the Eagles is supposed to come along and give you a lift? C'mon Ticky, start writing!

BTW, tell those girls to get on the ball and post their reviews!
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Uh-oh - first bit of car trouble from the San Jose camp.

Wait - isn't this when Don or one of the Eagles is supposed to come along and give you a lift? C'mon Ticky, start writing!

BTW, tell those girls to get on the ball and post their reviews!
    I forgot about the whole Eagles to the rescue thing! Maybe they are down in the garage right now changing my tire and waiting for us to waltz in and greet our heroes!

The girls haven't posted anything because they are still asleep... we were up talking until after 2 am and then apparently they stayed up even later after they went back to their room. We heard from Jess a couple minutes ago though and she is going to try to get everyone up and moving.

I hope you know I'm just teasing. I know everybody had a late night and wants to sleep in. It is a vacation after all! I'm just doing my job as one of the left-behind Borderers of letting you know that we're ready to have a few crumbs thrown our way.
    ~ Cathy ~