Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: San Jose, CA 4-30-10

Default Re: San Jose, CA 04-30-10

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OMG, how did you all control yourselves when you met that group in the hall? Too cool! I would have probably fainted before anything came out of my mouth! Awesome!

As for that review......I quit reading after the first paragraph. Those last snippets Soda posted are more like it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I'm so glad you saw Joe. That must have been awesome.

The first review with the Henley-centric stuff is best ignored as someone said. The one Soda posted is more like it.

Thanks for the photos. Glenn looks very good, as ever. I hope he sang OK.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    In fact, Joe Walsh is freaking hilarious. I love that he knows he's crazy and just plays it up. Fantastic.[...]
    Amazing that people think that the persona projects when performing is his real persona. He's definitely putting on an act and those of us really familiar with the band know that. But he can play the clown and does get into that mode when he is not comfortable. But during the concerts, when he's playing the Dunce, it's just an act because I think people expect it of him.

After reading all the important reviews...from those of you from Border who attended and shared what you experienced...everything from the drama of just getting there to the performance(s), It sounds to me like the Eagles turned it up a notch for California!

MikeA

I'm heaving a big sigh here in rainy Indiana, so far away from all the fun that's been had on the West Coast!! I' ve really enjoyed living vicariously thru all yer posts. Congrats to all those who got to see, hear and do!! Thanks for sharing
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Okay Kids, I am officially home and unpacked, well, for the most part, there's still laundry to do and messes to clean up. Im not quite ready to post my review but I would like to address a few things here that I was unable to post earlier (my blackberry wont let me post to the border for some reason and I have been going nucking futs reading all ya'll's posts and having to keep quiet, (kind of like when Joe was in the trunk with the duct ta... uhh never mind... )
    Okay so, Uh hum...

WHERE'S Rhonda and Cami?
    *waving maddly* HERE!! we made it!! (If Mike would turn on his YAHOO MESSENGER.. he'd get a WHOLE BUNCH OF MESSAGES!!!!!! *G* We made it to the hotel where we were immediately accosted by 5 strange women showering us with hugs *G* Gee it's great to have friends!! HOW COOL is it that we never met face to face and yet I felt perfectly at home with ya'll? Love you guys!!!

Thank goodness you all made it in one piece. What LTL said a few posts back...my sentiments exactly! Wish we were there! Rhonda, blow Joe a kiss for me!
    OH yeah, I'll blow Joe... A KISS I MEAN I'LL BLOW JOE A KISS!!! jeeeeezzzzz....

Jess and Lou, where are your seats for tonight's concert? Rhonda and Cami went through JWFC, right? So they're not exactly sure where they're sitting? And Soda's going to...well...'pull a Soda' and come up with some great last minute seats (we're crossing our fingers for you!)
    We had 12th row center section. Lou and Jess and Annie were on JOE'S side and Cami and I were on Tim's side so, God Bless Lou and Jess, they traded us so we got better Joe visibility. During intermission, Lou and Annie traded seats so Annie could be with Jess since she didnt know us too well (altho I've adopted her as an official Borderarian)

if you are on the floor, you'll be sitting on ice!
    no ice, a little beer, some wine and soda and I think a little puke (but we wont go there), but I didnt see any ice..

So, Were they allowing people to take "real cameras" into the show? Or was it just phone-cams they didn't object to? Oh how I wish that I'd been able to take a camera in to the concerts we attended 5 or 6 years ago <sigh>. Or to the Crossroads Festival in Dallas! But nope, they were practically strip-searching people before they would allow us onto the grounds <sigh>. Such good displays of guitars and guitarists there!
    Okay, so actually they were totally cool about the camera thing except for the video (they stopped Annie from finishing the video she was getting) and the one Man-nazi guard with the little Hitler mustache who kept shining his flash light in Jess's cam. In fact most of the people at the HP Pavillion were sooo nice!! not necessarily helpful, but really nice.

Thanks WT for posting a tidbit about the show. Now, do you and Ticky have tickets to tonight's show or are you two heading home today?
    ouch, sore spot... you have NO IDEA how close we came to staying for that show and grabbing up those two second row seats Nancy had found!! ESP after seeing Joe!!!!!!! It came down to this... Stay and see the show... risk divorce proceedings *G* I would have had to put either the hotel on my debit card or the tickets.. either way.. it was gonna get ugly! Still... soooooooo close...

Uh-oh - first bit of car trouble from the San Jose camp.

Wait - isn't this when Don or one of the Eagles is supposed to come along and give you a lift? C'mon Ticky, start writing!

BTW, tell those girls to get on the ball and post their reviews!
    we LIVED one of my stories except the ending of course... In MY ending I would have opened my $%^&*#%$&* mouth when I saw Joe and made him fall head over heels in love with me with some charming, brilliant and witty remark and we would never have left the Hotel!!!!
    The tire just had a nail in it and it took all of 10 minute and $10 to fix, no biggie.
    My review will be .. umm... lengthy and ... weird... but you'll prolly have to wait till tomorrow *G*

Are you sh**ting me? You guys saw Joe in the lobby of your hotel???!!!??? What was he wearing? Did he look your way??? OMG, this is amazing!!!
    no, no sh**ting you... promise.. okay, here goes with my official borderer reaction to seeing Smokey then Joe..
    *is that?.. wait.. OH CRAP .. it IS!!!!!! THATS SMOKEY!!! Oh Sh*T!!! okay, so where's Joe?? hang in front of the ladies room near by, act cool.. watch and wait.. coool Rhonda, beeee coool... and breath.. BREATH RHONDA BREATH!!!! okay, im okay,...now, where is he? Elevator? or Spa? either is a possibility... why is that security guy staring at us? just act normal... riiight, lean on the wall, and play with your phone. JUST another hotel resident waiting by the ladies room for... nothing..hmm... WAIT!! OH....MY...GOD.... ~~~test pattern~~~ THIS IS NOT A TEST! I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A TEST! ALL REMAINING BLOOD PLEASE EXIT THE BRAIN AND RUSH IMMEDIATELY TO THE FEET! ALL REMAINING BODILY FLUIDS RUSH IMMEDIATELY TO THE BLADDER FOR EVACU.. WAIT CANCEL THAT ORDER I REPEAT CANCEL THAT ORDER!! BLOOD RUSH BACK TO THE BRAIN!! HURRY... too late~~~
    Door closes to Joe's back
    "Hi Joe!" .... ugh.. Im such a dork...

HOLY FREAKIN CRAP!!!!

That was the most AWESOME moment EVER!!! We still can't believe it!!! Joe walked right by us!!! OOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYY GAAAAAWD!!!! My hands were shaking so bad and my heart was just racing. I wanted so bad to say something but I couldn't speak. I'm pretty sure Rhonda was hyperventilating. I can't believe we are staying in the same hotel as the Eagles!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That right there so makes up for being stranded in Winslow.

Me and Lou are gonna run to a flower shop down the street and get some roses for the guys then come back to the room and start getting ready for tonight. We can't wait to see the guys from the front row.
    Okay, so when I recover enough to NOT pee my pants and move once more, I walked to the front desk to get change. I turned around and this group or 5 gorgeous women who, moments before had been bouncing and squealing like a bunch of teenagers were now all completely silent and all of them were TEXTING!!! It was perfect. I'd just wished I'd had my camera ready.

Review: Eagles at HP Pavilion

By Jim Harrington
    WTH got his nappies in a twist? I dunno what concert HE attended, but it wasnt the one we were at. unless he was the old woman scowling and walking briskly down the aisle with her ears plugged during HC or maybe the young woman throwing up by the sound guys... maybe he should have gone to the Wiggles concert instead.

Great shots, Rhonda, especially the one where Glenn looks like he is picking his nose !
    the nose picky shot was one of my favorites *G*

Great pictures! But did Joe smile at all?
    he did smile and even laugh, but it's hard to take pictures of Joe smiling when it kept turning me in to a big squishy pile of melted jello.

If those pics had been from last night I would of thought it was because he was still a little bit upset about being abducted from the hotel lobby and put in Rhonda's trunk that afternoon.
    party pooper :P you're just jealous...besides, he had Tim in there for company *G*

Hey, I was supposed to be in on that "mission"!
    Yeah! what about that??? Prolly could have KEPT him if I'd had somebody to super glue the wig on Smokey and shove him out on stage... they never would have noticed the difference..

Okay, so now I've addressed all the posts I wanted to, but couldnt address earlier. I have some cool surprises for the review but they'll have to wait. My accumulated 8 hours of sleep for the past 2 days is starting to wear off and I need a few more hours (I'm not sure my brain as fully solidified after being turned to pudding when I saw Joe... that could explain a lot actually) So.. tomorrow

The same crap review, no wonder the same author! but this time there are at least good pics!
    http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_149993...e=most_emailed

ticky, can't wait to read your review!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

<<If Mike would turn on his YAHOO MESSENGER.. he'd get a WHOLE BUNCH OF MESSAGES!!!!!! >>

Rhonda's right...I should have thought to activate YIM. Unfortunately, someone had to keep the boat anchored while their friends took off on some freakin' Westcoast holiday!

Seriously, I was out of the house most of the weekend and really was getting worried about You Two until someone posted that you'd made it okay.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by ticky
    no, no sh**ting you... promise.. okay, here goes with my official borderer reaction to seeing Smokey then Joe..
    *is that?.. wait.. OH CRAP .. it IS!!!!!! THATS SMOKEY!!! Oh Sh*T!!! okay, so where's Joe?? hang in front of the ladies room near by, act cool.. watch and wait.. coool Rhonda, beeee coool... and breath.. BREATH RHONDA BREATH!!!! okay, im okay,...now, where is he? Elevator? or Spa? either is a possibility... why is that security guy staring at us? just act normal... riiight, lean on the wall, and play with your phone. JUST another hotel resident waiting by the ladies room for... nothing..hmm... WAIT!! OH....MY...GOD.... ~~~test pattern~~~ THIS IS NOT A TEST! I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A TEST! ALL REMAINING BLOOD PLEASE EXIT THE BRAIN AND RUSH IMMEDIATELY TO THE FEET! ALL REMAINING BODILY FLUIDS RUSH IMMEDIATELY TO THE BLADDER FOR EVACU.. WAIT CANCEL THAT ORDER I REPEAT CANCEL THAT ORDER!! BLOOD RUSH BACK TO THE BRAIN!! HURRY... too late~~~
    Door closes to Joe's back
    "Hi Joe!" .... ugh.. Im such a dork...
    We'll forgive you for not having all your bearings together for this. Maybe we should just consider it a practice run for Portland.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That's a good thought Dreamer. Or how about this - Online classes for What to say if you run in to an Eagle!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.