Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: San Jose, CA 5-01-10

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: San Jose, CA 05-01-10

Man Troub, you sure know how to tell a story! I felt like I was right there with you! Every time I read another snippet about the concert, I get so happy. I'm so thrilled for all seven of you that got to be part of an awesome weekend. You and Jess won't be able to stop talking about this during your long road trip! It's great to have someone to shar that with.

Man those photos are great! I'm dying to see more - so glad this special night got documented.

And no one deserved attention more than Jess and Lou, that is for sure! Awesome that they got it! These guys really do care about their fans.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    It's great to have someone to shar that with.
    That's right LTL, and were it not for The Border these two would never have met.

You can't ask for a better experience than you all had. (Well, I do wish someone would have said hello to Joe in the lobby...) To get that kind of attention was what I was hoping for all of you. I can't wait to see the rest of Jess's pictures. The ones posted so far are great!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Fabulous review and pictures! I'm thrilled for all of you!

Troub, what a story!! I am so happy for you and Jess-you had the time of your lives,and it couldn't have happened to two more deserving people!!
    The photos are absolutely fantastic-so close up and clear-I love looking at them!
    Wishing you all a safe trip back home-keep us posted on any more adventures along the way...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Fantastic review Lou! nd once again I'm thrilled that you got such reccognition from Glenn Don and Timothy. But you know, you deserved every bit, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person,

I've been on chat with Lou through a lot of this week and I must say her enthusiasm is limitless. What a week Lou! And I'm so glad to have been with you in spirit!!

I'm soooo thrilled things went so well for you.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Fantastic that you got so much recognition - picks & a kiss. Unbelievable. It could not have happened to nicer people. (Now Jess & Lou, do you see a bit of what being 'Freyed' is like)?!

Beautiful photos - love the blue and PLEASE forgive me for saying that Mark Knopfler used to wear a shirt identical to Joe's back in the 80s. Joe has really gone 'western' in terms of his looks.

I know which shirt you're talking about FP - it's the one Knopfler wears it in the Walk of Life video, right? Nice avatar, too!

What with Jess and Lou on the road to Vegas, I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the rest of these awesome photos.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yeah, we'll get to Vegas pretty late tonight. But rest assured we'll post more photos when we get to the hotel. Annie has two free nights in a hotel so we're saving some serious money! Yay.

We're driving through California and it looks beautiful. (Although I have a feeling ANYWHERE would look beautiful in my mind today! LOL.) We're listening to a compilation CD that Jess made, featuring the LROOE tour setlist. It's almost like being back there. We're replaying last night in our heads - and sometimes aloud! - as we're listening. Glenn had been giving us a lot of attention, but Lyin' Eyes stands out as very special, because he was focused on us pretty much the whole way through. After the line 'a rich old man and she won't have to worry', he looked directly over and mouthed 'much', with a really cheeky, knowing look on his face. Gah!

Also, Tim sang some of Tempted before LWKUA. Don was singing along a little to himself and started bopping his head. When Tim stopped, Don kept on bopping then kind of gave up, in a mock-disappointed 'oh, okay then' kind of way. It was so cute!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    . Glenn had been giving us a lot of attention, but Lyin' Eyes stands out as very special, because he was focused on us pretty much the whole way through. After the line 'a rich old man and she won't have to worry', he looked directly over and mouthed 'much', with a really cheeky, knowing look on his face. Gah!
    That is precisely what happened to me on December 4, 2004. I cherish it. You're lucky.