Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: San Jose, CA 5-01-10

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: San Jose, CA 05-01-10

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    That smile on Don's face is precious!!! And everyone of them just looks so fit and young in this picture!! Thanks for losing the suits boys!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

THANK YOU! Your pictures are sooo awesome-especially of Timmy. You girls rock!

Carol-Lynn

Great review Nancy & Company. A Glenn pick-I'm green with envy! Can't wait for more!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

I'm soooo glad that you gals got to see such a terrific show! Sounds like the guys were really rockin' & having more even more fun than usual! So glad that you got some attention from Don & Glenn. You all deserve it & Lou & Jess, after all that you went through, it's great that you were rewarded with the picks. Glenn MUST have gotten the story of the obstacles that you had to overcome to get there!

I'm thankful that I get to enjoy these moments vicariously through other Borderers through their wonderful reviews & pictures. Jess, those photos are out of this world! Thanks for posting so quickly, I know you all must be tired.

Everyone have a safe drive home!

Oh - I have tears in my eyes reading these reviews and looking at the pictures! What a night! And what a bunch of well deserving Borderers to see such a great show. I did shoot an email off to TBS's website on Thursday telling him about Jess and Lou's trials and tribulations getting to CA. I figured it was the best chance of getting word to them before the shows. Here it is - Sorry if some of the facts got messed up.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to let Timothy know that there are two big Eagle fans heading to the San Jose show on May 1.

Louise is from England and recently came to see Timothy perform in London. Even before that, though, she had carefully planned a trip to the States to see the Eagles in California. Here was the plan:

Lou was to fly into Oklahoma where she and her friend Jess would prepare to make a road trip complete with Eagle related stops before reaching their destination of San Jose, CA.

What actually happened is that Lou had the ash from the volcano eruption in Iceland almost make her miss her scheduled flight out of the U.K. They reopened the airports the morning before her flight.

After making it safely to Oklahoma., the two ladies took off on their road trip. First stop - Winslow Arizona. They made it there just in time to find a place to stay for the night, planning to take some pictures the next morning before continuing on their way. But a dust storm, of all things, delayed all travelers and Lou and Jess had to spend another night in Winslow. Shortly after getting the all clear and finally heading down the road they got stuck in stand-still traffic. They are inching along as I write this.

If these road weary travelers make it to their front row seats for the May 1 San Jose show, please show them a little extra love. You won't be able to miss them. They'll be the two brunettes with dust in their hair and a sparkle in their eyes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know - the chances are slim to none that he got it. But at least I know I tried!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Jess, WOW, fantastic HS&G Pics, thank you for the pics and told us your impressions ! How splendidly that you and Lou have got the Picks of Glenn!
    Soda, thank you, for your great review!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - what an incredibly awesome evening for all of you in San Jose. Wow - you all could definitely feel the love last night. I know what a thrill it must have been, and I'm guessing that none of you are sorry you went! These are the memories that last a life time. I can't even find the right words to describe the pictures taken from the front row.

And Cathy - that was very sweet of you to send that email. You never know - it may have helped get the word to guys! It definitely was worth a shot.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Sounds like a fantastic time was had by all. So great to hear the guys were in perfect form and you all got a much deserved show!

PM, what a great email you fired off!

I have just woken up, bleary-eyed, but still on a high from last night. It was absolutely incredible - everything I'd hoped it would be, and more. MUCH more. Sitting in that front row was an amazing experience. We asked our host where our seats would be before we went in, and she told us she had received my email request and had placed us in the middle. I could've kissed her! By the time the guys came on stage, Jess and I had had a vodka or two, so we were feeling nicely buzzed and just EXCITED about the whole thing (without any of the nerves!) The guys sounded fantastic. The whole show just rocked, and they all seemed in great spirits. I can't believe the incredible photos that Jess got. Rest assured the ones she posted above were teasers - she has loads more. The guys didn't seem to mind photos being taken at all.

The thing that really made the night though, was the attention we got. Oh my goodness! I got eye contact with all the guys at different stages - a cute smile from Don while he was sitting on his stool (sigh) - but Glenn was looking at us almost constantly! He looked so good, and the eye contact was AMAZING. I'll admit there's some Frey Fever going on around here right now! He did the countdown with us during Funk 49, which was cute, and then at the very end, the guys were all waving and accepting applause at the right side of the stage, and Glenn wandered back to where his water bottle was, picked something up, and walked RIGHT back to where we were standing. He came to the edge of the stage, pointed right at Jess and I with two fingers and said "These two." My heart was RACING! The security guard took two guitar picks from Glenn and handed one to me, and one to Jess. We mouthed "Thank you!" and Glenn smiled at us. (The pick is sparkly and it says Eagles 2010 on one side, and Glenn Frey on the other!)

THEN... as if that wasn't enough... Don was watching, and I looked up at him and blew him a kiss. (Jess said she did the same thing at the same time.) He looked right back, smiling oh so cutely, and pressed his hand to his mouth and blew a kiss right back. Oh my God. Then, I looked to Don's right and Tim was there, watching. I blew him a kiss (obviously in a kissy mode) and he smiled and nodded in acceptance, putting his hand to his heart, and then did an adorable regal bow to me. It was SO cute! Tim had been looking our way a lot, particularly in the second half of the concert, during all the rocky Joe stuff... I don't know, but it's lovely to think that he just might have received that email. (Cathy - you are a sweetheart. ) Either way, the guys were on fire, and I still can't freaking believe the attention we got - the guitar picks from Glenn were just the icing on the cake! Just the two of us, out of the whole arena... SIGH. He didn't give any more out.

Okay, we have to check out soon (ugh), but I had to quickly type out something! Coupled with Joe walking right by us in the hotel lobby yesterday, it was one hell of a day! An incredible experience all round. I will treasure that contact with the guys forever.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Oh My God, Oh My god!

Don blew you a kiss