Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

A (very) belated welcome to Bad Kitty and to Selena! Sorry I haven't made nice sooner. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy's Girl
    Hey Selena, am I correct in thinking you are a Springsteen fan? Or is my memory playing tricks? Glad you're here anyway!
    No your memory is not playing tricks, you're spot on RG! Bruce is my number 1 love and he is also working on a new album which will be released later this year, very very exciting news indeed! This will then lead to a tour and I am hoping he will come back down to Australia early next year and of course, I will follow him around the country and see every show he does (I've started saving already lol!). If he doesn't come down, well I will travel up to the northern hemisphere to see him just like I did in 2003 & 2005 (and hopefully can catch an Eagles show too whilst I'm there like I did in 2005) . I Bruce....sigh....

And thanks for the welcome's everyone, great to be here

I truly hope Bruce comes to the UK again (with the E-Street Band). I would love to see him again. Such an amazing performer! Can't wait. What did you think of the Seeger Sessions, Selena?
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

I have a great 18 page interview with Bruce from Uncut magazine September 2002. If you don't have it, Selena (or anyone else), I'll be glad to scan it in and send it to you.

Hubby has seen him live, before we met. Born In The USA was one of the albums that sustained us through our first months of marriage, when he was dispatched down to the Falklands.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

A belated Hiya from me too Selena, and I love Brucie as well, tho' Glenn Frey is my number 1. Enjoy yourself
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Randy's Girl
    I truly hope Bruce comes to the UK again (with the E-Street Band). I would love to see him again. Such an amazing performer! Can't wait. What did you think of the Seeger Sessions, Selena?
    I thought it was ok, nothing earth shattering but as usual with Bruce, the live shows were fantastic from the reports I had from friends who seen them. Sadly I didn't see a show, my timing was out only by 2 weeks this time last year when I was in London & then Paris for work .

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I have a great 18 page interview with Bruce from Uncut magazine September 2002. If you don't have it, Selena (or anyone else), I'll be glad to scan it in and send it to you.

Hubby has seen him live, before we met. Born In The USA was one of the albums that sustained us through our first months of marriage, when he was dispatched down to the Falklands.
    Hey GEF, thanks for the offer but I think I have that one somewhere amongst all my Bruce stuff (I have far too much of it really...). Cute story about BITUSA, he looked so hot back then...well actually he still does imo

You're right, he does still look hot, not bad for an almost 58 year old, and his energy is amazing.
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

You know, I've been posting messages on the Border for about two months now, and I only see this thread now! How silly of me (or maybe it's just that I don't have a lot of time to browse through everything! ).

Belatedly, I will introduce myself (although I've divulged some of this information elsewhere on the site! ). My name is Monique and I am 30 years old. I've been an Eagles fan since the middle of 2004, when an Eagles fan friend of mine, who is also my bandmate, lent me his "Eagles: Greatest Hits 1971-1975" album, so that I could prepare the music of "Tequila Sunrise" for our band repertoire. By that time I knew "Hotel California", "Take It Easy" and "Lying Eyes", and enjoyed the songs, but when I heard "Tequila Sunrise", I was so impressed that I proceeded to listen to the rest of the album, and played it continuously over a period of time, until I reckoned it was time to return the CD to my friend and buy my own copy!

Thereafter, their "Greatest Hits Volume 2" album followed, and I was hooked. Unfortunately, I never had an opportunity to see them on television or video/DVD, and I hadn't really seen any pictures of them to write home about.

On the fateful day of 11 February 2007, when I viewed the "Hell Freezes Over" DVD at another friend's house, I was enchanted by the beauty and talent of Glenn Frey , and the very next day, I did an internet search, and found GFO! I have visited this site almost daily since then (except weekends, when I have no Board access ) in the mornings before work and during lunchtimes, as I now am a true Eagles fanatic, and completely and incurably in love with Glenn ! I have since expanded my Eagles albums collection, and begun my Glenn solo collection, and I just love him more with every album I hear and every picture I see. The man is incredibly handsome, as well as being such a breathtaking talent. The voice, the guitar and keyboard skills, the songwriting abilities, the acting talent... is there anything he cannot do? And that is not to mention his captivating and loveable personality, and his intelligence.

And I owe all my newfound knowledge and fanaticism to Nancy (Soda) for setting up this website. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I have enjoyed it so much thus far, and will continue to do so. I love reading everyone's posts, and I've gone through everyone's introductions today, which was very interesting. You are all great, and welcome to everyone who joined after I did, and I didn't welcome you. SORRY! Oops, this is getting very long, so briefly, my other obsessions, musically speaking, are Elvis Presley (I've been a fan for 21 years!) and The Beatles (a fan for 17 years). Glenn has of late been competing with them for bedroom wall space!

I also enjoy my band, and I play acoustic rhythm guitar and sing lead vocals. I'm in my second gigging band now, and have been a part-time musician for four years. My day job is in administration.

I love sport, and enjoy cricket, rugby and tennis, as well as cycling.

Okay, that's enough! (Phew!) I look forward to more GFO, and all the other new and exciting sites for the other Eagles that have just been set up. Well done, girls - you are all amazing!!!

One last thing: THE EAGLES NEED TO VISIT SOUTH AFRICA!!!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, Mrs Frey, you have truly blossomed into a wonderful Glenn and the Eagles fan! We're glad you found us here and thoroughly enjoy your witty posts! Carry on!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

And Mrs F an "Official" welcome from me wouldn't go amiss either And your absolutely right, the Eagles do need to visit SA, or I imagine even Glenn would do as a compromise Enjoy!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP