Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hey, thanks everyone that added their photos! You guys are all lookin' good!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hi-
    My name is Dana. I have an English degree with a Journalism minor from the University of Alabama and I work as a freelance writer. I write for The Birmingham News, Birmingham Parent, and various other magazines and industry publications.

My hubby is a CPA so I am a "tax widow" until April 15 each year. We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary this May. We have two daughters--Rachel, 18, is a senior in high school and a music-lover like me. She sings in the choir at church with me--I am an alto and she is a soprano--and she also shares my passion for bands and totally understands my devotion to the Eagles. She is planning to study photo-journalism at the Unversity of Montevallo this fall. Christina is almost 15 and a freshman in high school. She is tall & thin and adores fashion and may be a model one day.

Here is my picture--I am holding Rachel's guitar--sorry it is sideways but I don't know how to turn pictures in Photobucket!

Hi, I'm Kate. I was born in Devon in the south west of England, and have lived in a small village near Plymouth since 1987. I am married with two sons aged 18 and 16, and two cats. My older son is now living in Plymouth, where he is at university. I have a degree in medicine and now work part-time in a hospital for older people.

I have enjoyed the Eagles' music since university days in the mid seventies, but my current obsession was reawakened two years ago, when I bought Complete Greatest Hits and started putting names and faces to the voices, especially that of Mr Frey. Now I am smitten! I like a lot of other music, mainly classic rock - Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Jethro Tull, Genesis etc.

Apart from music, I like travel, birdwatching and swimming. We used to have a camper van and in 1999 we took the boys out of school for three months and toured Europe. We've also visited Florida, Oman (in the Middle East), and frequently cross on the ferry to France.

This is me well away from the edge of a 1000 foot canyon in Oman.

It's great seeing yor photos, thanks everyone!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

This is great! I love getting learning a bit more about y'all and seeing the pics. Guess I'll jump in.

My name is Lissa. (short for Melissa) I'd tell you my age, but Momma taught me not to us the "F" word. I'm a fourth generation Californian. I've lived here all my life with the exception of my teen years. I spent those in Arizona. I have three sons, ages 25, 20 and almost 16, and a daughter, 14. I used to work as a photographer, which I loved, until I injured my back. Which explains my obsession with pictures. lol I have been an Eagles fan forever. I can't remember a time when I didn't listen to them. I think the HFO era really got me going. I also listen to Jackson Browne, Fleetwood Mac, Sammy Hagar, Skynyrd...you name it. I also enjoy country music, classical, some jazz...I have a pretty broad musical appreciation. The only thing I don't like is some of today's music where they have to "bleep" out every other word. I have met some really great people thru my Eagles fandom and am looking forward to, perhaps, meeting more of you on the next tour.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I really enjoy reading about you and looking at all these nice photos.
    It's funny it seems to me I know you all for ages.

I feel the same way, EF--like I have known y'all for ages!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, me too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It's true for me, too. I guess that's what community's about! And it's so great that the Eagles can bring us all together like this, as Irene said.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hello, my name is Kristina and I'm an eighteen year old from Idalou, Texas. It's about 12 miles NE of Lubbock, the home town of Buddy Holly. I graduated high school last yr. and now I'm employed in a ware house that ships supplies out to local stores.

I've been in love with the Eagles for some time now, and I was inspired to play the drums by no other than Mr. Don Henley. Not only do I play drums but I also play guitar, mostly acustic. If you ask me to play you a song you will hear the opening notes to PEF,TIE,LWKUA, and TS.

Besides the Eagles music I'm into any other 70's genre band, except the Rolling Stones. I love to go dancing, I dance Tejano, Country, and Old Skool Jams...

Oh, I LOVE GLENN FREY!!!
    So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...

I know I already welcomed you, but I wanted to say thanks for introducing yourself. I had forgotten Buddy Holly came from Lubbock!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten