Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Stuck on the Border

Welcome, tbs fanatic!
    [

Welcome , TBS fanatic! I hope you will enjoy it here!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Hi - I've just got around to this I'm tbs fanatic. A special prize goes to the one who can guess my favorite Eagle Most of you I've met on other sites but 'Hi again' anyway.
    Hey,you.....welcome Jill.
    Take It Easy
    Billy

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Hey Billy, I got your Jamie Oliver e-mail but I'm feeling guilty

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hi gals, I guess I should have introduced myself before now but only came across this thread yesterday! My name is Lisa, as you can see I'm from Ireland and I'm married with 2 kids. I'm a teacher but am on career break while the kids are young. I love music both to play and listen to. I can play keyboards and accoustic guitar to I suppose a respectable level. I also love sport particularly tennis and rugby. I have always liked the Eagles music but was completely bowled over by a certain Mr Glenn Frey during their recent Dublin gig and am totally in love with him although I know its only fantasy!!

I think its a fantastic idea to see people of all ages from all over the world getting together to share a common interest and also to support each other. Long Live The Border
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome again - GAN. It is great to have the Irish represented here on The Border. It's a great place to have some fun and learn stuff about the band. I have been an Eagles fan from the very beginning and love all the guys in the band. However, the first time I saw them live was in 2003, and then saw them again in March, 2005. I was very excited to see them live both times, but I didn't have great seats. However, like you, I had my mind totally blown away by a certain Mr. Frey after seeing him up close at the Oakland concert in Oct., 2005. I made up my mind that I was going to get great seats for this show. Sitting right in front of Glenn, I was almost immediately captivated. I was trying to pay attention to the other guys, but my eyes kept going back to Glenn. During the second half of the show, I don't think I ever took my eyes off of him. I had it bad! This is a good place to come and share our love.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Welcome GA! We're glad to have you here. My adoration of Glenn also accelerated when seeing him live, except it was on bootlegs. Still, I was captivated! Then I saw the real deal in 2005... I was lost.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Welcome GA!! Hope you enjoy your time here!!

and btw love your AV!!! SEXY!!!

Hello again, Lisa. It's great that you have found The Border, and it's nice to have someone else this side of the Atlantic! You may have already gathered that I am completely smitten by Mr Frey also. I went to three concerts last year, armed with binoculars, and although I love the other band members too, I could hardly drag my eyes away from Glenn. <sighhh>

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

A belated welcome from me, too, GA. I hope you have lots of fun here. Isn't it great how the Eagles can bring us together from all parts of the world and across generations to share the love of such wonderful music? I have met some really great people this way.

These proclamations of Glenn-love make me think we need a new thread to share the story of how we came to love the Eagles and perhaps admire one of the guys a little bit extra.