Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

Default If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

PM suggested this topic in another thread and I thought it was a great idea.

After the Joe sighting in San Jose, Rhonda and I talked about what we should have said or done all the way home to Oregon. And I am still struggling with what to say to Joe at the M&G on the 17th (since I have already had my slack-jawed idiot moment I am hoping that I can come up with something great to make up for it).

So what would you say or do if you ran into one of the boys or had a chance to meet them?

Default Re: If You Met One of the Eagles What Would You Ask/Say/Do?

I'd probably turn into a puddle of goo.

I would be afraid to approach them if they walked by - I'd be worried that they'd consider me an annoyance - and just watch them pass. Not exactly courageous. lol

Now if it was a situation like a meet'n'greet... well, I've had good experiences and bad experiences with those.... Here's my opinion: the thing to do is to pick a specific song and a moment in your life where it really influenced you and thank them for that, sharing a quick summary of the particulars. The more specific, the better (keeping in mind time constraints and resisting the point of TMI), because it shows you're not just another fan going "I love your music!" That's the kind of thing the want to hear, IMHO - that what they do is important to people on a personal level.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

"Don't I know you?" "You look familiar." "Did we have the same geometry teacher in ninth grade?" "I remember now, I stumbled and fell on some guitar you had and that long skinny thing coming out of the fat hollow thing sort of broke."

I really think these guys are just people...very talented people. I doubt they'd mind if you acknowledged them, maybe introduced yourselves. Doubt seriously they'd get very friendly if you were to try to smother them.

I know this for a fact as far as Joe is concerned. This guy (omitting names) saw Joe coming out of the SPA at MGM a couple of nights before the Eagles were performing there. He just introduced himself, said he was in town for the show and had appreciated Joe's music forever and was terribly grateful to Joe for his example in getting and staying sobor (this friend was an adict too). Joe shook his hand made small talk for a minute or two and went on about his business. That meant a lot to my friend.

MikeA

Border Desperado

"Would you like fries with that, umm, Mr. Frey?"

"Mr. Henley, umm, you are standing on my foot"

"Mr. Schmit, if you'll hold on a moment, I can change the tire on your VW bus."

"Yes, Mr. Felder, Yes, Yes, I agree, Yes, those guys, yes, yep. you bet."

"What Mr. Azoff? Oh, you are standing up?"

"Thanks Mr. Walsh, but no, I did not get a free bowl of soup with this particular shirt."
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Glenn- "where you been lately?"

Bernie - "Tell me the truth. How does it feel?

Henley - "Whatever happened to Saturday night?"

Randy - "Is it True?"

Tim - "Aren't we the same two people who lived through years in the dark?"

Felder - "
    What you gonna do in those shoes?"

Joe - "What you trying to hand me?"
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

I've thought about this since the Joe sighting at the hotel in San Jose, because you always wonder what you would have done if you were there.

If Joe was not going to walk within speaking distance of me, I would not say anything. In other words I would not approach - I know I wouldn't. That's just me thinking I'd be annoying him. However, if Joe walked within speaking distance of me (in other words I didn't have to shout) and I was with other people (I could never do it if I was alone) I would like to think that I would be able to say, "Hi Joe!" and if I had been at a show could say something generic like, "Great show last night!". Now if by chance that made him stop and talk to us, mission accomplished. If he just smiled and kept walking that would be okay too.

Of course, this is all just speculation. As the Borderers that this happened to know only too well, you never know exactly how you're going to react.

About 15 years ago I went to see the comedian Gallagher. I was fairly familiar with his material through watching television specials. After the show he signed autographs. As I stood in line I tried to think of something to say to him. When I got to the front of the line and handed him my ticket to sign, I said, "I always loved the butt-flavored cat food idea." He looked wistfully into space and said something like, Yeah, that was a good one."
    It was a joke he hadn't used for years but had always been one of my favorites. I thought it was something quick to say but that also let him know that I was not just a casual fan. For those of you not familiar with the joke, it goes like this:
    (About cats being picky eaters) "This is no gourmet; look where he licks. What gourmet licks his own butt? That's what makes you mad! They won't eat the food you've got for 'em, but then he goes over there and licks his butt. They ought to make butt-flavored cat food."

The only reason I mention it is because that's what I would want it to be like if I ever met one of the Eagles. Short, to the point, but something you know no one else would say to them.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

OMG It's just dawned on me! I keep on about how I love Dons "new" hair style and i've just realised it's almost identical to my own!
    Mine is a tiny bit longer and a bit more "blow dried" looking....but same grey!

So, i'd have to say:

Hey Don, We have the same hairdresser....
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bernie's bender View Post

"What Mr. Azoff? Oh, you are standing up?"
    I'm crying thinking about this for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!!
    Tim - "Aren't we the same two people who lived through years in the dark?"

You guys just crack me up!!!

Seriously---Haven't got a clue!! I'm not real good with meeting new people and these guys are larger than life to me so I doubt I'd be able to stand up and would probably loose control of my bodily functions. But then again, I might surprise myself--the whole Timothy in Chicago thing, at least I spoke to him (so at least I know I can) and he spoke back so apparently I really did form coherent words.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

OKAY, well I think we've already determined exactly what *I'D" say when face to face with my favorite Eagle and, from what I've read, Im not necessarily alone. I have decided this is a condition known as [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiAXhpnmB6M"]Spongebob Syndrom[/ame] All so known as "Hi Kevin" (See video).
    Fortunately, I believe, much like the Chicken Pox and the Jonas brothers, once you've been exposed to it, you become immune. SO, next time I meet Joe, I'll say "Hi Joe!" (sans drooling, heavy breathing and passing out.) Beyond that, Im still working on it.