Page 54 of 200 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Frey Fever: The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (April 2010 - Sept 2011)

Default Re: Frey Fever: The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post

I guess that '70s look on Glenn just does something to me. The Hotel California pictures, for example, literally make me swoon. He exudes sex appeal - the rugged, tousled look has always appealed to me. I also think that, whereas you say you find it difficult to apply feelings to pictures that were 'before your time' (which I can appreciate), that element actually adds to the appeal for me. I wasn't around in the '70s, so pictures like this allow me to indulge my fantasies! Rightly or wrongly, given the often bland music scene nowadays, that era seems so exotic and exciting to me. Pictures like the first one encompass all of that. That's the best way I can explain it.
    Troub, I can't say anything else anymore.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

Wooo fave Glennie Bear pics!
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Basically, I just adore Glenn's look. The wavy, mussed dark, longish hair. The handlebar moustache. The open-necked loose shirt and the tight blue jeans. I love that style in general - it would make me take a second look if I saw a guy in the street dressed like that - and in my opinion, it really suited Glenn. He looks young, confident and masculine - the lazy, casual rock star. Speaking about this picture specifically, I love his stance, the way he's focused on the guitar, and there's something cool about the way he has his back to the audience. It's a young, hot guy up on stage, drenched in sunshine, playing his guitar, watched by thousands of people - basically living out his dream. It's a great, dynamic shot.

I think Glenn looks absolutely gorgeous here - sexy, passionate and masculine, but in a different way. I don't tend to compare the two eras, because I can't. It would almost be like comparing two different people.

I guess that '70s look on Glenn just does something to me. The Hotel California pictures, for example, literally make me swoon. He exudes sex appeal - the rugged, tousled look has always appealed to me. I also think that, whereas you say you find it difficult to apply feelings to pictures that were 'before your time' (which I can appreciate), that element actually adds to the appeal for me. I wasn't around in the '70s, so pictures like this allow me to indulge my fantasies! Rightly or wrongly, given the often bland music scene nowadays, that era seems so exotic and exciting to me. Pictures like the first one encompass all of that. That's the best way I can explain it.
    You are so close to coming over to the 'Glenn side' when you write so eloquently about his appeal. I can't do that. I envy people who can.

When he had the moustache in the 70s that was his best look. Easily.

Quite eloquent, Troubadour! Bravo!

And whitcap... your photos say a thousand words as well... three of which are HSG!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree - that was very well stated , Troub. Personally, I love looking at pictures from all the eras for all of the guys. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I WAS there or maybe it doesn't - I dunno. I do know I enjoy it partly because I like seeing the way the guys evolved over the years - it's part of their history. I don't try to analyze it too much. I just know I can appreciate masculine good looks and hotness when I see it no matter how old the subject is.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I love Glenn's moustache
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Gosh Lou--I had to just splash water on myself to cool down!! You are right tho---GREAT look for him and very HOT!!!

BTW--for the record--FP---Very valid question in my opinion!! I'm personally glad you asked it because we received Lou's very detailed reply!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I'm glad someone thought the question was valid. If someone were to ask me why I like particular photos I'm afraid in a lot of cases I would give a two word reply. I am sure that most people know what that reply is but this is a good example: