I thought that as many of us follow sports teams or are maybe involved with sports ourselves we could talk about our teams and what is happening with them whenever something comes up - if your team has scored a stunning upset victory here is the place to rave about it. Cutural background is no object - the love of the game comes first whether it's soccer or American football or basketball, or a college team (something which, being Australian, I am intrigued by, but we have absolutely nothing similar to it).

So.... in Australia the cricket team is thrashing the England team first 5 - 0 in the Test series and now will probably swep the tri-nations one day series which also includes New Zealand. I think it's wrong that Australia has become so dominant and I'm not really interested anymore.

In tennis the Australian Open, the first of the four majors, is about to start and the hot favourite is Roger Federer. I think this man could be the next Rod Laver - he is amazing. I think our own Lleyton Hewitt is a shadow of his former self (and I don't really follow tennis closely).

Liverpool beat Watford 3 - 0 last night. I'm sure you're glad to hear that. We had to do something after being thrashed by Arsenal in both the FA Cup and the Carling Cup.