Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    I was fortunate enough to meet him on 5 different occasions, and he's a shy and humble man. He posed with me for a photo on one occasion, and I took photos of him on more than one occasion. He also happily autographed my 5 scrapbooks of him (all on one occasion!), which became 6 a year later, and he signed that too, as well as a poster I've had on my wall for 11 years.
    You're very lucky to have all of those personal memories!

We were lucky enough to see Brett once up close and kind of personal at a celebrity golf tournament (gotta love those golf tournaments!).

My son, Peter was about 5 years old and was I was standing with Peter off the green while Brett and his party finished putting.

As Brett walked past us, Peter pointed and said to Brett, "You have a hole in your sock". He did indeed have a hole hear to top of his sock (he was wearing shorts)! Brett put his fingers to his lips and said to Peter, "Shhhh, don't tell everybody. Besides, these are my good socks!"
    What a lovely story, Molly! Brett seems to be a super personality.

When it comes to our cricketers, the so-called net practices are always open to the public, and therefore I was able to meet with Gary Kirsten, albeit brief meetings, on several occasions. I was always extremely nervous in his presence - there was a time when I thought one of my photos wouldn't come out because I was shaking so much! But he was lovely towards me. When he signed my 5 scrapbooks all at once, and the crowd surrounding us started to gasp, he commented twice, saying "I should take a look at these sometime" and "My mom would be proud of these!" You can imagine how special that made me feel!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

That's a cute story, Molly. There's no doubt that a young child is helpful when trying to get the attention of sporting heroes! As a rugby fan, I remember trying to persuade one of my two to come down with me to queue up for Jeremy Guscott's autograph. Not only did I have to fend for myself, but time ran out with just two people ahead of me!

MF, you were lucky to get all your albums signed. Gary sounds like a true gentleman.

Fp, good luck to the Roosters!

Another autograph tale - I have long admired a player called Mike Catt who has played for clubs Bath and London Irish as well as being an inspirational centre for England. For one of my birthdays, hubby wrote to Bath to ask for an autograph. On the big day, I got a mysterious card addressed to "Karen", and signed by another player, Mike Tyndall. Doh!!

Tomorrow, we will see if the newly invigorated Welsh rugby team can beat France in the final weekend of the Six Nations championship.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Over here, we're just reeling from Scotland beating England in the Six Nations, and Wales beating Ireland to win the Triple Crown. Well done Wales (sorry GA!)
    No Worries GEF! Best of luck to Wales in their showdown with France. I hope Wales manage to do it! Ireland are playing England today but for both its more a face saving exercise now! (Or in the case of our coach it could be a job saving exercise! - Good luck Eddie!)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Yeah! Wales won the Six Nations Grand Slam!

GA, commiserations to Ireland. No one will be wanting to sing "Danny Boy" for a while!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Well done to Wales GEF! I'm sure you're delighted

Yes.....well......the less said about Ireland the better
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well after a rather bleak weekend for Northern hemisphere rugby, at least we had the play off of the US Open to watch tonight, and after tying at 18 holes, congratulations to Tiger Woods for his tremendous win!

In his post match speech he payed tribute to his late father, and there were some cute pictures of his little daughter as well.

Forgive me for posting this other rather nice pic of Tiger and some other guy.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Sporting, and sensational indeed GEF!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

And who will win Euro 2008? I would love to see one of the underdog teams like Croatia, Turkey or the Netherlands do it. Or Spain or Portugal. Turkey's win against the Czech Republic was stunning. I am supposed to support Germany but I'm not that enthusiastic.

We are actually going to Croatia for a week on Sunday, so we will be gunning for them. If they get through the match against Turkey this Friday, we'll have the fun of watching the home team in a bar in Dubrovnik next week!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

That should be great fun GEF! I hope it works out that way. I'll be dying to hear about Croatia as well. I've heard its beautiful.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP