Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

I'm so excited that Brett is coming back! He's always been my fav. quarterback and one of my favorite all-time players along with Barry Sanders. I'm glad he didn't have to leave on the note that this season brought. Hopefully next season will allow him to leave in style!

Wow, he sounds like a terrific guy. Not bad looking, either. And can I add my two cents about the Superbowl....

GO INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm sure that surprised no one, lol)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I will be wearing my newly acquired Chicago Bears shirt tomorrow. No offence to Indianapolis, but I've never been there... and Chicago is one of my all time favourite cities...

Stuck on the Border

[quote="Maleah"]I'm so excited that Brett is coming back! He's always been my fav. quarterback and one of my favorite all-time players along with Barry Sanders.[quote]

My husband still grumbles that we missed out on choosing Barry Sanders in the NFL draft and instead went with Tony Mandarich. Never heard of Tony Mandarich? Yeah, that's the point.

I had the opportunity to see Barry Sanders play on a frigidly cold December day in Green Bay. (My hot chocolate froze solid in the cup) We were sitting in the end zone and Barry just kept scoring over and over. Every time he did he seemed to slide on the frozen grass (the frozen tundra!) and crash into the wall right below us. In other cities, people probably would have been pelting him with ice and beer -but in Green Bay, people really respect talent. We knew we were in the presence of greatness.

Too bad he only played for Detroit and they have been a losing team for such a very long time.
    [

Good luck with the Superbowl!

The Six Nations rugby tournament started yesterday with a triumphant return for injury prone Jonny Wilkinson, the hero of the 2003 World Cup.

Ireland v Wales today. I'm half Welsh but the Ireland team are superb at the moment.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Wasn't the match fantastic, Kate?! Good to see Jonny back as well as Jason Robinson. Jonny suffered a bit of a bashing, but still played very well. Let's hope it carries on and he keeps injury free.

There is a god and Jonny is his name

Yes, it was a wonderful match! Jason was superb as well. Gives us a little pride back!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I'm watching "The Road to the Superbowl" and they're recapping the game of the New Orleans Saints vs. the Philadelphia Eagles. Some of you may recall that the Eagles lost that game. They showed a person in the audience holding up the sign: "HELL HAS FROZEN OVER - SAINTS WIN 2007" (For the non-football fans: The New Orleans Saints were a notoriously bad team in the past and had never beaten the Eagles for a championship). Made me chuckle.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh - that's a good one, Soda. And Molly, that is also great news about Brett. I am a diehard Miami Dolphins fan so I can relate - it was very painful when Dan Marino retired (still is).

Now - On to victory Indianapolis Colts!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I'm not so interested in sports, but today the German handball team won the World Cup. I don't know if it's popular in the US.