Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 'No Fun Aloud' Elimination Game

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: 'No Fun Aloud' Elimination Game

I was going to post this earlier, but there has been so much happening in the last week or so that I haven't had time. First of all, just for grins, I thought I'd recap the order of elimination of the songs in this game:

1.) Sea Cruise
    2.) Partytown
    3.) She Can’t Let Go
    4.) I’ve Been Born Again
    5.) I Volunteer
    6.) Don’t Give Up
    7.) That Girl
    8.) The One You Love
    9.) All Those Lies

I Found Somebody outlasted all the others and, therefore, was declared the winner.

Well, as I said at the beginning of this game, this was an experiment and I implemented some rules in order to move the game along quicker than what I had observed on other boards. However, I think I may have gone overboard on this. Honestly, I was expecting this game to take between 2 – 3 weeks to play. Instead, I was totally surprised that we completed the game in about 48 hours! I wanted the game to move along, but I didn’t want it to move that quickly because anyone who didn’t visit the board for those couple of days completely missed out on an opportunity to participate at all. I’m still thinking 2 –3 weeks is a good time frame. If we were to try this game again with another album, I definitely think we would need some more ‘tweeking’.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

For what it's worth if it had gone the way I wanted the order would have been:

Sea Cruise
    Partytown
    She Can't Let Go
    Don't Give Up
    I've Been Born Again
    All Those Lies
    I Volunteer
    I Found Somebody
    The One You Love

which would have left That Girl as the winner, it being my favourite track.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, for what it's worth, I'll post my list too. FP, as you can see, it is very different from yours. However, I would reiterate that I love this album. I think it is strong from start to finish, and don't think there are any bad songs on it. I never skip any of the songs when I listen to this album. But, if I have to choose the order to eliminate them, it would go like this:

1.) Sea Cruise
    2.) Don’t Give Up
    3.) The One You Love
    4.) She Can’t Let Go
    5.) That Girl
    6.) I’ve Been Born Again
    7.) Partytown
    8.) I Volunteer
    9.) I Found Somebody

As I said while playing the game I wanted All Those Lies to win. IMO, it is the best song on the album, overall. To me, it is a great song in every way - great lyrics, music, vocals, harmony, and melody. And besides, I believe it is the only one of Glenn's solo songs that he wrote all by himself.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016