Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Randy Animations

Out on the Border

Default Re: Randy Animations

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    There's something hypnotic in the way Randy blinks his eyes - you can see it when the gif (any gif) is slowed down. Maybe that's how he entrances women. One of the ways.

My favorite slowed-down gif is the HOTE clip from '77 when he's being interviewed on the couch. In normal speed, he's merely talking about the challenge of being a father of three while also being a musician on the road a lot. Slow it down though, and his eyes are bewitching. The lick-lipping ups the erotic torture ante.
    UGH I REALLY WANNA SEE THIS BUT IT WONT LET ME!!!!

Stuck on the Border

As per Soda, photobucket now charges $400.00 a year to use their account. People have discussed other accounts to try but I can't remember the names of them. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by freydayswithzep View Post
    alright you guys i'm new!! and the animations aren't showing up for me. it's telling me that i need to update my account to enable 3rd party hosting. i went to the website mention and created an account and came back here and it still isn't showing up. i'm stuck. i just checked, pretty much i have to pay to be able to see your gifs. i really want to see them, but i'm not going to pay a yearly amount to upgrade an account for third party whatever. ugh.
    Hi freydayswithzep, welcome to the board. The Photobucket message about updating the account is meant for the person posting pictures, not the person viewing them. B/c so many of us here have been using Photobucket to host our all our pictures, it's going to be a long process to re-post them using a new hosting site. I haven't tried posting any gifs with a new website yet. Just hang in there; hopefully you can see some again soon.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It's up to each user to upgrade their account.

The number of users willing to pay $400 to do that? I daresay it's zero.

That means each and every user will have to move every single photo over to a new image hosting server. I have hundreds of photos myself... it's a process that a lot of people, no matter how much they love the Eagles, might not be willing to spend the time to undertake.

I'm afraid we might be stuck with those images for the older posts especially. Whitcap posted those seven years ago and hasn't posted here in a while... I don't think moving those animations to a new service is on her mind.

Photobucket has really done a number on the internet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    That means each and every user will have to move every single photo over to a new image hosting server. I have hundreds of photos myself... it's a process that a lot of people, no matter how much they love the Eagles, might not be willing to spend the time to undertake.

I'm afraid we might be stuck with those images for the older posts especially. Whitcap posted those seven years ago and hasn't posted here in a while... I don't think moving those animations to a new service is on her mind.

Photobucket has really done a number on the internet.
    You're right; I don't expect most of the pictures here will be replaced. I guess I was thinking more about recent pictures being re-posted, not the ones from long ago. Even so, I doubt I'll get around to re-posting all of mine. I'm going to try to do what I can, a little at a time.

Here are some gifs I created. I'm afraid they are not as good as Whitcap's. Also, I don't know how to make them avatar size. I guess that would be for the user to figure out.

A couple more...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh, come to mama! These are excellent. Thank you, D. This was more effective in waking me up this morning than 2 cups of coffee.

You're so very welcome!

Wow, Delilah, thanks so much!! Just might have to grab one if I can figure out how to do it.