Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Does your Husband/S.O. handle your love of the Eagles/The Border?

Default How Does your Husband/S.O. handle your love of the Eagles/The Border?

I've thought about asking this for awhile but something recently posted in another thread made me decide to start this one.

So fess up! How does your S.O. feel about your obsession with the Eagles? What about the time you spend on the board and Soda's other Eagles sites? Are they okay with it? Are they understanding? Are they jealous? Do they not get it at all? Let's discuss!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: How Does your Husband/S.O. handle your love of the Eagles/The Border?

Well, I gotta say, in that area I lucked out. Cliff is very good about it. I scrimped and saved for months to make San Jose and some months were challenging because of it, but he never complained. Of course I had to give him some of my SJ money to buy chickens *G* but that's HIS obsession *G* Still When I talk about Joe or the guys, he just rolls his eyes. Mostly he likes The Eagles and their music but he's more into blue grass and really old crusty people singing old folk songs.. For the most part, Cliffy is pretty cool with the whole deal.

Default Re: How Does your Husband/S.O. handle your love of the Eagles/The Border?

Interesting question.

Verna has her obsessions....I have mine. But we both have an obsession with the Eagles though it is nothing as intense as it was at one time.

Verna certainly has her own perspective on as to I, but what it boils down to is that there is a mutual trust involved that allows us both to pursue our "needs" in regards to music and Eagles in particular. I am fortunate in many ways, but one of the most fortunate is her tolerance for my associations with Eagles Fans who are in a vast majority, Female in race!

Many of the friends I've made on the boards over the years are mutual friends of ours. But the one thing I've ALWAYS been careful of is NEVER having any kind of clandestine "relationships" with anyone I've met through the boards. There simply is nothing to hide. I would never wish to give my wife of 33 years anything to ever cause her concern. Nor has she ever given me anything to cause concern.

Like I say, we are fortunate in that we are both much involved with issues on the Internet and know the boundaries of what is appropriate and what is not. And we both understand the infatuations we might have with artists that we admire.

Simply stated, there just is no issue.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

Ditka doesn't care how I work up my appetite, as long as I eat my meals at home.

Actually, he's a fan as well. Not for all the same reasons, and not at the same "level", but a fan nonetheless.

He's been very encouraging about me taking off and spending money to fly all over the place and see shows, Pebble Beach, etc. He even drove me to the airport very, very early that snowy morning (Chicago, no less) during a horrible freezing rainstorm so I could catch that airplane to sunny California!

He does like to tease. Since getting Glenn's autograph which he signed...'My Best, Glenn Frey', Ditka now also signs everything (valentine cards, grocery store lists), 'My Best'. He's also refers to Nancy, Karen, Kay, etc. as "my fellow stalkers".

Seeing your list is so weird, Molly, as I have a sister named Karen and my middle name is Kay. But anyway...

I'm not married but back when my mania first started I had a boyfriend. We broke up shortly thereafter (for UNRELATED reasons) but while we were together he never said a word negatively about my trips. He was always cool with whatever I did, though, almost to an extreme - never contradicted me once and we were together for over a year. I guess I should have thought I was lucky but instead I felt like there was something wrong with that! I'm not ALWAYS right. lol

Anyway, over the years, we've kept in touch and sometimes got together for drinks before he moved away last year. In 2007, after I told him about my adventures in Niagara Falls, he hesitantly asked, "Is something going on?" I actually said "Are you kidding? He is a married rock star and I'm not exactly a beautiful temptress! I mean, seriously, look at me!" And he said "Well, I think you're beautiful." It was so sweet that for a second I wondered if I had made a mistake breaking up with him!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Awww Nancy!

Hubby enjoys the music of the Eagles almost as much as I do and has attended both shows (Chicago, 2008 and Indy, 2009) with me. I think he might pay to see them again in a heartbeat.

However, the time I spend on The Border is another story. He was very skeptical to meet up with Soda, Willie and her husband in Chicago but saw that I was not going to take no for an answer. Of course, after he met them he was fine and liked them all very much. And when we met Soda for dinner before the Indy show he was as excited as I was since he had already met her. Now that the ice has been broken he wouldn't have a problem meeting up with any of my Border friends. But he's very cautious of the internet and knows the dangers of it, as I do. We have had discussions about the board and have come to a good compromise (the most you can hope for in a marriage, right?). He understands my love of the board and listens to my stories, and I spend time with him when we are home together. So far it's working out well.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, awwww, such a sweet story!

Mine is very similar to Pm's. My husband is nearly as big a fan of the Eagles as I am. We've always enjoyed listening to their music together, even through their "vacation" years and he would also say they wrote the songbook of our lives. He's very skeptical of the internet and doesn't really understand why I'm always checking up on the them, but he knows that it's really just kind of a hobby and that I'm not going to take it too far. Plus when he's home on weekends, I spend my time with him and don't get online much. He's going to retire this fall, so some things may change there!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

while I am not married I have been with the same boy through our 4 years of high school and one year of college. The curly haired boy that i love most of the time is fine with my extream love of the Eagles. He likes their music and the time i spend on The Bordre is whatever to him. He will listen to me rambl on becuase i listen to him ramble about his two favorite bands (pre- Steve Perry Leaving Journey and pre-80's break-up Styx). He would go to see the Eagles with me and i would go see whoever with him.
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Border Desperado

As a polygamist, I've found that keeping all 8 women 'in line' is just not possible... but I have convinced that if they all dress up like Linda Ronstadt, Stevie Nicks etc... they can each pretend I'm an Eagle and have torrid affairs with me.

So, I have to say, it works out just dandy.

LIVE THE PRINCIPLE!
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

BB I hope you are not serious