Page 11 of 214 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Petmania!

Stuck on the Border

I love my dogs dearly, but some days, I swear! I got home tonight from visiting my sister and of course, immediately let my dogs outside to take care of their "business".

I was bending down to hug my 12 year old chocolate hello, when Layla, the 60 pound puppy, came running towards me full speed and "head butted" me. She hit me so hard, I blacked out for a few seconds! Luckily, the 12 year old broke my fall. Poor old girl!

I don't remember walking back up my driveway and into the garage to sit down, but that's where I ended up. The dogs got so worried and scared someone peed on the garage floor (I double checked-it wasn't me)!

It's now a couple of hours later and I'm still a little dizzy and my head hurts like heck! Can't wait to see how I feel in the morning.

Layla seems to be absolutely unaffected by it all. But then again, labs have melons like cement blocks. She does seem to sense she did something "bad" and looks totally heartbroken.

"Bonzai" Layla in a rare moment of stillness:

Wow Molly, I'm no doctor, but if you're still having problems in the morning, maybe you should see one!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    She does seem to sense she did something "bad" and looks totally heartbroken.
    I'm not sure should I feel pity for you or for Layla?
    Seriously, hope you feel better soon!

(I double checked-it wasn't me)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ouch Molly! I'm no doc either, but sounds like you could have a concussion. Please take care of yourself.

Poor Layla. I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt you. She sounds like one of our coonhounds (King). If he happens to get loose he will run around like a wild dog and eventually head for you and more than likely run right in to you! I don't know if he is just so excited that he can't see or has just so much energy that he can't veer around you quick enough! We all know to watch out!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh my goodness, Molly! I hope the headache is going away.
    A couple weeks ago I babysat a...bear?...horse?...cow?...dog! Well, they tell me she's a dog but I swear she must be a cross species.lol She is totally lovable, but absolutely huge! She lives with a bunny so I didn't think anything of having her over with a cat. Umm...not! She saw the cat (who thinks nothing of dogs since he thinks my dog is his brother) and took after him with the hair on the entire length of her spine standing straight up and snarling like to kill. Luckily she's so big she couldn't quite maneuver as quickly as the cat and as he ran past me down the hall I threw my body in her path with both hands out screaming "NO". Mind you, this dog weighs more than I do. She some how put on the brakes before plowing me down and sat on command while the cat ran for cover under my bed. After locking the cat up in a separate part of the house and calming down my daughter (who feared her cat was dead or mangled) I realized that between the two of us the dog would have won the collision.

Here's a pic of her playing with my dal. I was standing about two feet above them on the hearth in order to get a pic so it doesn't do justice to her size. If I can find a better pic I'll post it.

That's a lovely picture of your dal, PLS, and the 'bear'. I'm glad you managed to save the day with your quick thinking cat rescue. How scary that must have been.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Wow Molly, I'm no doctor, but if you're still having problems in the morning, maybe you should see one!
    Already did -a few times.

My symptoms cleared pretty quickly -though my hair actually hurts my scalp where I'm sure there is probably a nice bruise and my neck is a bit stiff-but otherwise, I'm fine.

Steve was concerned after it happened, and walked next door to talk to our neighbor, Eric, who happens to be a physician. Usually he's not home, but yesterday was his day off and he was actually around. Eric came over to our house and talked to me for a bit, checked my eyes and reflexes, ect. Played 20 questions with me. He checked on me again this morning at the hospital where we both work. I probably saved my insurance company $200 in office visits!

This morning, Layla's favorite toy, Mr. Red Fuzzy Squeaky Guy, was lying on the floor next to my side of the bed. He was lying on the bathroom floor when I got out of the shower. I think she was bringing it to me as a peace offering. As if I could really be upset with her!

Cute dogs...Unfortunatly my dog doesn't know how to slow down when he's running full speed towards you. So he uses you as a wall to slow him down We saved him and his brother from being hit by cars because someone dumped them on the side of the highway. His brother is full Pitbull and is huge! My sister has him.

Here's my boy Duke, he's part Pitbull and we aren't really sure the other half...

So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...

Aww Duke's so cute, Kris!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?