Page 111 of 214 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2138

Thread: Petmania!

Default Re: Petmania!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Ours loves to chase "stuff".

He gets neutered next month... He'll really be happy about that. It's suppose to make him less hyper and crazy... But I'll believe it when I see it
    Erm, Austin. Don't believe all you hear Our last Boxer was 11 when we lost her and she was still as playful at that age as she was when a pup. Oh well he'll be calmer the day he's done, (hen back to normal. )
    Melanie

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awwww, so sweet!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

LOL! I'm glad mine are indoor cats. I've heard many cat owners mention these "presents"!

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Heheh that's great Eve....have you seen the "Simon's cat" animations on You tube? I think there are 4 or 5 Sooooo funny!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ffwDYo00Q[/ame]
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Banned

That is hilarious! I'll have to find them all now! Cats...Although several years ago when Shadow slept outside, my daughter went to let him in that morning and she saw he had something in his mouth. Not unusual for him. She grabbed his mouth and tried to get him to drop it thinking it was a stick or wet toy. It was the back end of a tail-less squirrel. I have never heard screams like that. The other half was in the yard. He didn't kill it, but he found himself a nice toy.

LOL! So funny, but so true! I experienced some of that treatment this morning. I endured it for a little while then had to give in & get up. Those little paws hurt!

BTW, Katie was wondering where the cat was when I was playing this clip!

Hehe There's been quite a few added since I last looked (probably a couple of years ago!)
    ~Carole~

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lol! Those are cute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Eva, Willie, Cathy & Ann......I'm sorry that I didn't comment on Bella, Pickles & Rufus, Gracie and Katie & lucky...they are all gorgeous, and i'm sure i've said it before - but I really miss not having cats & dogs in my life at the moment maybe some day when I feel more settled
    ~Carole~

I posted in the What's Happening thread the other day about wanting to adopt a cat, but I thought I'd move it over to this, more appropriate, thread! I got in touch with our local Cats Protection League today and a very nice lady phoned back a little while later. She said that she has one particular cat that urgently needs a home. Maisie is around 7 years old (to their best estimations) and she has FIV, though she appears healthy at the moment. At her most recent check-up, the vet said she seems fine and is showing no symptoms at the moment. Because of the nature of FIV though, she has to be an indoor cat (which is perfect for me, because I'm in a first-floor flat), and she cannot be around other cats. There is no local shelter, the Cats Protection League volunteers act as fosterers until they find new homes and the volunteer that is looking after Maisie cannot take in any more strays, because of Maisie having FIV. So basically, the lady said they would be incredibly grateful if we were able to offer Maisie a secure home.

She is a grey tortie, and she is apparently very settled, calm and loving. I had reservations about her medical conditions, but only because of the potential cost due to her weakened immune system... Secondary infections have to be acted upon quite quickly. Having said that, apparently FIV cats can live for a long time, without showing any real symptoms and without having a dramatically decreased lifespan. And the CPL said that, because it's a pre-existing condition, they would support us to pay for any future operations.

There are obviously concerns there (both the money factor, and the emotional side of things), but I feel that I would really like to give Maisie a good home - for however long she has left. It could be a shorter time span, or it could be years... We are visiting her tomorrow morning, so hopefully a decision will be made then.

We are also visiting another "urgent" case afterwards - but I have a feeling Maisie will be the one, because of the fact that they are eager, not only to give her a good home, but also to continue to do their job and take in as many strays and sick cats as they can.

I'll tell you what - tonight has been a bit emotional already! But I am excited about visiting the cats tomorrow, and even more set on getting one and ensuring one of them has a safe, warm, loving environment for the rest of her life. There are so many that need homes, it breaks my heart.

I will update again tomorrow and let you know of any further developments. In the meantime, any input from you pet-lovers out there would be great - anyone with experience of cats with FIV? We can ask the CPL all the questions we want, but I know many of you guys have had cats for years, and anecdotal information can be particularly valuable. Otherwise, your support would be great!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--