Page 7 of 214 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Petmania!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Molly - I wasn't able to visit the board last night, so I am just reading this. I am truly sorry to hear about Cinder. I know how dear she was to you. I know you will miss her a lot, but, thankfully, you have some very sweet memories of her to help you through this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Thanks, everyone. This morning especially was very sad and "different." I think it was the first time in 8 years I actually had the bathroom to myself without a dog following me in to keep me company!

Today, I bought a large laundry basket and I'm filling it with some of the "stuff" I know the local Humane Society is always in need of. I'm planning to drop it off later today in Cinder's memory. I just need to find some tennis balls to put in the basket. Gotta include her favorite toy!

Aw, Molly, my cat follows me into the bathroom as well. Your Humane society will be grateful for your donation, and that's a nice way to remember Cinder. Our local Animal Rescue shelter has a nice tradition at Christmas. You can buy ribbons in various colours in memory of pets and people, past and present, and then the ribbons are used to decorate a huge Christmas tree. It looks lovely. Last year they had so many they had to get a second tree.

I found this card in our local shop - I thought it was cute!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Love the card, Kate!

I've been searching pet finder websites and I've visited our local Humane Society twice in the past 3 weeks -including yesterday.
    The first time -I missed out on a dog I was interested in by 1/2 hour. Yesterday, the dog I spent time with just wouldn't be a good fit for our family. She was a sweetheart (rub my belly, rub my belly!) but she had been kept outside and we want a dog who will be indoors with us. I think this particular dog would have been quite a wrecking ball in my house before we finally got her settled in. Maybe if I worked out of the house and could be with her all the time....

I cried all the way home from the shelter half from missing Cinder and half from the disappointment of not finding the right dog.

Ah well, we'll keep trying!

Molly, I'm so sorry to hear about Cinder.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

I'm just now getting a chance to read this too, Molly. I am so sad to hear about Cinder.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That card is adorable Kate!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I love the card!

Molly, you might think this is crazy - and I guess it's kind of hard to explain - but I believe that for each person who goes looking for one, there is a pet we are "meant" to save. You just haven't reached that dog yet, but "the one" is out there waiting and all of these bumps are just part of the path to him/her.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Molly I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a furry friend. Your comment about the bathroom made me smile. My kitty can be anywhere in the house but somehow he knows when I go into the bathroom. He comes running and then sticks his paw under the door repeatedly. When I open the door he takes off running a few steps, then stops and looks at me like "what? I wasn't doing anything". Remember when your kids got old enough that you could use the bathroom without one of them on your lap? Who knew the animals would be as bad as the 2 year olds? lol

Hang in there Molly. The sadness will get less acute.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks everyone. I'm such a big baby where my dogs are concerned. I'm actually handling it much better than Steve and Cinder was my dog! Every now and then I have a "moment" where I really miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I love the card!

Molly, you might think this is crazy - and I guess it's kind of hard to explain - but I believe that for each person who goes looking for one, there is a pet we are "meant" to save. You just haven't reached that dog yet, but "the one" is out there waiting and all of these bumps are just part of the path to him/her.
    It's funny you brought this up, Nancy, coz I think that's exactly what happened today (in an indirect way).

We decided to pass of "Macy", the lab. Today at work, while I was telling my story to some co-workers, I off-handedly mentioned the little "Peek-a-Poo" in the kennel next to Macy. One of my co-workers jumped up so excited. She's owned that breed in the past and has been looking for another to be a companion to the one dog she still has. She called the Humane Society today, and she and her family are going to check out the dog tonight. She could hardly wait until 3:30 rolled around.

As for us, I know we'll find our dog sooner or later. I'm not giving up! It's only been 3 weeks. Yesterday just made me remember coming home from the shelter with Cinder so many years ago.