Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eagles Ebay and Sales Alert Thread

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: The Eagles Ebay and Sales Alert Thread

I don't think that's terrible for such a rare item. I'm assuming it's rare.

Did you see the ceramic tile with the "On the Border" cover design? It's lovely; I like that even better than the fridge magnets.

I need to stay away from Ebay for awhile, it's addicting.

Yes, I did see that tile--it was tempting me but I passed (for now anyway).
    As for the matchbook...it probably is rare but unless it's the zombie apocalypse, I can't see myself spending that much, lol.

This fella on Ebay has done "fractal design" t-shirt images of each member of the Eagles - basically a photo collage - plus other music and movie stars.
    http://www.edseeman.com/ROCKANDROLLPAGE2.htm

See page 1 for Henley's shirt.

I told him that his Randy shirt had an image of the dreaded imposter and he corrected it right away, replacing it with a photo of Randy in his Desperado cowboy gear.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

[QUOTE=NightMistBlue;345923]This fella on Ebay has done "fractal design" t-shirt images of each member of the Eagles - basically a photo collage - plus other music and movie stars.
    http://www.edseeman.com/ROCKANDROLLPAGE2.htm

I purchased the t-shirt of Glenn this past spring from this person. The t-shirts are nicely made and I was very pleased with the quality. The colors are fantastic.

I like that he chose a wide range of photos, from young to mature and with different facial hair and such.

Ooh, I wonder if he has something with James Dean. UPDATE: he does, but the images include Jimmy smooching Marilyn Monroe and cuddling up with Audrey Hepburn. I don't think either is historically accurate. Nice try though. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMES-DEAN-T...-/371479667192

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I told him that his Randy shirt had an image of the dreaded imposter and he corrected it right away, replacing it with a photo of Randy in his Desperado cowboy gear.
    Do you mean the guy on the bottom left hand corner? I didn't recognize him. Good call on the correction.

Thanks. He was really nice about it too, saying he doesn't always recognize these rockers in their older years

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Some of these are nice enough and yes I have bought some Glenn memorial items too. I have very mixed feelings about it. I would love to see some 'official' memorabilia made available to commemorate Glenn - for example what about rereleasing ALL his albums in a commemorative box set, perhaps with even one previously unreleased song, or a few unreleased pictures? Such releases are often made after an artist has passed on and are a very nice way of commemorating their music. In the absence of this people WILL generate their own memorablia. Thats understandable. But I HATE the idea that someone out there could make money out of his death
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I saw this cool Eagles wall clock that has small replicas of all their album covers. I'm having difficulty posting the pic so no pic. Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagles-Novel...YAAOSwmLlX~XsO

I also saw another matchbook but it had Hotel California on it with no track listing.

Also up for auction is a VHS of Glenn's Live in Dublin concert. Does anyone know if there was an actual official release of this or is it likely a bootleg? It looks "official" but what do I know.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The matches are cool but would've been even cooler if they had used the album cover, IMO. http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Eagles-H...cAAOSw4shX6zes

I guess it would be very un-PC these days to do a matchbook promo (unless your group's name is Matchbox or Matchbook-something!)