Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Crosby, Stills & Nash

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Default Re: Crosby, Stills & Nash tour

I found out a couple of months back that they're appearing about a half hours drive from me on this side of the pond - I'm still debating.................
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

I would seriously give consideration to a Kansas City tour stop myself! Or better yet for me anyway, Wichita. We have a new arena that I'm sure the managers are struggling to fill with class acts!

MikeA

The Royal Albert Hall show is meant to be my birthday present from my mum! She has had to wait until the end of this month to book the tickets though, so I'm keeping everything crossed that there will still be some available. CSN is one of the few bands now that I would give anything to see live. I love them to bits!

Have a wonderful time, Cynd.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I've always loved 'em Lou but unfortunately, Verna grew up in a different decade than I and never developed an affection for them. I really like the etheral harmonies that they invoke....especially Crosby. All of them are unbelievable musicians that are close to being unequaled in songwriting. Amazing!

I think that the thing that really hooked me on them was that in the Early 60's, and throughout that decade, I was into really mostly into Blues and Folk Music (Peter, Paul & Mary "Folk") and CSN took that kind of music to the next level and bridged the genres between "Folk and Rock".

The only other group to come close to their accomplishments was "Simon & Garfunkle". I had the privilege to see them live a few years ago up in Columbus, IN when they did their "Old Friends" tour. It was really good to see them together again. Simon has lost nothing! Garfunkle hasn't fared quite as well, but he can still carry a tune <LOL>.

MikeA

Banned

I saw them last summer. Great concert. Women were going nuts. The one behind us yelled "I LOVE YOU GRAHAM" during a lull. Hilarious!

LOL Eve.....Graham may have garnered praise and adoration from the lady behind you, but historically, I think it was Crosby who the one most sought after. He didn't run very hard either trying to get away!

His biography is one tragic read as has been his life. He is one of the "Second Chance" guys. All through that, Graham was there trying to be his safety net. If you like them and want a dramatic read, You really should read "Long Time Gone".

Next to the hilarious "Living with the Dead", "Long Time Gone" has been one biographical highlight of that type book. "Electric Gypsy" (The Hendrix story) was "encyclopedic", but not nearly as good a book to read. I've read one or to on Joplin and one on Stevie Ray Vaughan, but they don't come close in grabbing your attention as did the book on the Grateful Dead and the one on David Crosby.

MikeA

Banned

Don Felder had very nice things to say about Graham Nash in his book, which I liked by the way. Now I will duck and run...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Mike, thanks for the info. I need to get that book.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'll be looking out for that book too. Thanks, Mike.

I've just booked my CSN tickets for the 4th of July! (Well, my mum paid for them - late birthday present.) I am so, so, so excited! I feel incredibly lucky getting the chance to see many of my favourite acts live, at this stage of their careers... Eagles, Al Green and Crosby, Stills and Nash in a few short months. Amazing!

I know I will walk out of the Royal Albert Hall even more in awe of those three guys than I am already.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Troub, you are getting to see some great acts these past couple of years! It's nice to see a young person enjoy artists from my generation.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.