Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Lebowski mystery

Default Big Lebowski mystery

I remember reading the Rolling Stone article and specific passage referenced here:

http://www.rollogrady.com/the-big-le...-dead-flowers/

The mystery is, if this story is true, how on earth did the filmmakers secure permission to use the original recording of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" in the first place?

Border Desperado

Default Re: Big Lebowski mystery

I love this film, it is ib my top 10, the dude is great, I hope the Eagles took it very tounge in cheek, the cab driver is also great, but I wonder also how they got permission ? maybe Irving did the deal ?????
    Cheers
    Gary

Border Desperado

the price was probably right and they never looked at the script.

Allen Klein is a tool.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I think it's more about publicity... The "Dude" is a looser kind of dufus so who really cares what he thinks anyway? PLUS Any publicity is GOOD publicity. I understand why Glenn would be mad, but really, that movie did a LOT for the guys. Im sure a lot more people said "Really? I like the Eagles! But then, look who's talking"
    Dont get me wrong. I love the movie too *G* but kind of like Homer Simpson and Cartman from Southpark, the Loveable looser dufus. I really dont care what he thinks. He's an idiot, but a funny one.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

I too love the movie and the Eagles line cracks me up. The story with Alan Klein is also hilarious (even though he's a douche)

Truth is, there are Eagles haters out there but that's their problem. It's great music and record sales and continued popularity prove that the world loves the Eagles. Glenn shouldn't be bothered by it.
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Border Desperado

Homer Simpson is my IDOL, the man is a god, the south park guy's do not have the class or the arse of Homie, mind you the cab diver was quite funny in TBL, get out of my cab. DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obvious you do not know me ( i am that loveable loser ) well my wife and both my girls think so, when your Dad turns up to his daughter's university end of year show wearing an Eagles tour tee shirt, you nknow things are bad, or good as I think, in my head I am a young 39 years ? or should that be an old 39 ? DOH!!!!!! cannot make my mind up.
    Homer Simpson RULES!!!!!!!!
    Thanks Gary

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ochiba kid 1 View Post
    when your Dad turns up to his daughter's university end of year show wearing an Eagles tour tee shirt, you nknow things are bad, or good as I think,
    Or Mom.... I did this just last week when we went to pick up our son from year end at school. Nothing the matter with that. I remember my daughter having a couple friends over a few months ago in the late evening, and I was running around the house in a pair of workout pants and an OzFest t shirt. She said proudly (and meaning it) to her friends, "you can see my Mom's pretty cool.". I was so proud!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    I remember reading the Rolling Stone article and specific passage referenced here:

http://www.rollogrady.com/the-big-le...-dead-flowers/

The mystery is, if this story is true, how on earth did the filmmakers secure permission to use the original recording of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" in the first place?
    This is an interesting observation, SS. I don't ever recall hearing anything mentioned about it. Perhaps permission was granted to use the song before Glenn found out about the movie script.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Or Mom.... I did this just last week when we went to pick up our son from year end at school. Nothing the matter with that. I remember my daughter having a couple friends over a few months ago in the late evening, and I was running around the house in a pair of workout pants and an OzFest t shirt. She said proudly (and meaning it) to her friends, "you can see my Mom's pretty cool.". I was so proud!!!

AH but you have to see my Daughters side of things, I have either approx 10 eagles shirts or its Star Wars or Star Trek, shame when even my 10 year old is also ashamed of her Dad in the Star wars/trek shirts, she don't mind the Eagles soooo much, both kids were brest fed the Eagles, if you get what I mean, now they resent it some what, some kids have no class in London, maybe it's different in the states ?
    Gary

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

OH, you guys are amateurs... *G* Cliff is the KING of dork dads.. When he's home and it's time to get Sarah from school, he'll walk down there to get her. NOW... seems pretty innocent and simple.. No... he wears his old sweats with holes in the knees and stains on the butt, a t-shirt (his favorite from Jr. Highschool) that shrunk so it's kind of short, like a half shirt, it's yellow but see through and says "Behind this shirt is a winner" NO SHOES or socks OR Sandles WITH socks. SOMETIMES, for special occasions, he'll wear bunny ears, or a nice hat of some kind... cowboy (red child sized), Cat in the Hat style or a nice halloween mask. Once he got on the bus like this to get Jenni who was planning on riding it home. Silly girl! And the saddest thing is, he's not the DORKIEST dad there.. one guy has hair down to his butt he ties back in a pony tail, a beard just a little shorter then that, his wears his roller blades and pushes a baby stroller. He usually wears shorts, the gym class kind. we live in a pretty high class area, baby!! *G*