Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chula Vista,CA-May 23, 2010

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Chula Vista,CA-May 23, 2010

Isn't Chula Vista just south of San Diego?

This is the venue that is on our calendar:

Sunday May 23, 2010
    San Diego, CA - Cricket Wireless Amphitheater

Perhaps Carol could enlighten us as to why it was billed as 'Chula Vista' rather than 'San Diego'.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Koala, that signature is perfect. I might 'borrow it' at some stage (I have already prepared an avatar). I wish I the talent to make signatures like that.
    Thanks, glad you like it! The Cula Vista photos from Glenn are just perfekt to make a banner of it!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    I read that at the San Diego show ?? on May 23 that Joe dedicated Life's Been Good to his two sons Alden and Emerson and said that he loves them. I'm taking this must be the Chula Vista show because I don't think they would play two showes in one day. The video starts after his introduction SO, did anyone that was there hear him say this or did they get it mixed up with another show??

This is interesting AZ. Where did you read it? Do you think the article might be on the internet?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

It was in a review by a fan that was at the show. I just wanted to hear the dedication myself. I think it was great if his sons were there and he said he loved them to the crowd. It must have made those boy's day. Joe has never had to much to say about his kids and I have only seen one picture of the sons when they were very young.

It was at the Chula Vista show. I completely forgot all about it. As the above poster pointed out CV is a small town about 12 miles south of San Diego.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

I found this pic on Facebook. There looks to be more from this person but I don't know him so I don't have him as a friend on FB and can't view any other pics of his from this show.

~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Nice pic

but what is that on Glenn's left hand? looks like a band-aid to me but he also had it in the Lupus Charity Event photo's
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Stuck on the Border

That is well spotted, TG. I will post a Lupus photo for comparison. Nice photo.

Cricket Amphetheatre in Chula Vista is an interesting venue - one road in and out which made getting there and leaving quite the challenge. There was a good 3 -4 mile back up on the freeway off cars getting of at that exit when I got there about 6:45. Its open air and holds about 20,000 people (and it was packed that night). I met up with Carol-lyn and we headed inside to find our seats. She had an awesome seat on the end of the second row with no one in front of her and we stood there and talked a bit. Shortly before 8 pm I headed back to my 11th row seat. I was still in the aisle when I looked up and there were the guys coming on stage already! Apparently Cricket has a noise curfew (not sure why because its out in the boondocks) and they had to get started ASAP.

Obviously everyone, including the Eagles, was expecting it to be chilly. Maybe it was to those poor thin-blooded southern Californians *G* but I was never cold the whole night and didn't need the jacket I brought. At all three of the concerts I had been to before I found myself having to sit so that I didn't block the people behind me when I wanted to stand and dance. Ever hear the phrase "be careful what you wish for"? Unfortunately for me I had three six foot plus men in front of me who pretty much stood the whole night, along with the rest of the audience. And being more the size and shape of an oompa loompa I ended up only getting glimpses of the guys playing between people's heads (and no chance to take photos). Considering I paid $260 for that ticket (standard floor price for the show) I was a little annoyed but all I could do was just enjoy the experience of being there listening to "my" boys play.

Glenn looked really good in his short leather jacket and jeans. He should wear something like that more often. He did put on the backwards cap towards the end. I actually find it rather adorable on him though I know not everyone thinks so. Glenn welcomed everyone to "sunny southern California" before he did the assisted living joke. Just like the night before, he made the joke about it being 1975, and "that they now had enough money to move one door up the block from the Troubadour to Dan Tana's - repository for some of the most beautiful women in Los Angeles, none of them available to us" and that he and Don "wrote the next song in two days because back then we did everything fast - well, almost everything". I just don't remember the plaintiff bit but maybe it was there...

Don was wearing a button down over a long-sleeved black shirt. He wasn't quite as animated as the night before - maybe he was cold . Before LR when said they would be playing one more song before taking a break he did add "to go backstage and soak our hands in hot water" and that they would then "be back to play until curfew".

Joe looked really good again that night. He was wearing the same black tee with the silver chevrons and black jacket as the night before though he had black jeans on this time. I was very touched when before LBGTM instead of making a joke he dedicated it to "my two sons, Alden and Emerson who are here tonight. I love you guys". Definitely an "awe" moment... He also changed the lyrics at the beginning of RMW to "Spent the last year San Diego way" which got a big reaction from the audience of course.

Timothy seemed to be in good form. Much more animated and energetic than the night before. He started out the show in a long sleeved black shirt and grey vest but came back after intermission in a long coat and scarf.

Another excellent show even though I would have liked have been able to see more. I know I missed a lot of the interplay between the guys that always makes being at a show that much more special for me. No regrets though because it was all part of the adventure. Special thanks to Carol-lyn for wanting to meet up with me and especially for not squealing on me about being down there until I was ready to share it with everyone.

Sorry I don't have any pics to share this time

And as a side note, I did spend the next day sightseeing a bit. I spent most of the sunny, gorgeous, 75 degree day at the San Diego Zoo. I grew up watching Joan Embery and I figured if I didn't see anything else I had to go there. I also managed to squeeze some time in to actually go to the beach and stick my feet in the water. It was chilly but not bone aching cold like the Pacific up in Oregon. I didn't think to bring shorts however and in spite of the fact that I rolled my jeans up to my knees I got nailed by a big wave a couple times and ended up driving back to LA with my pants soaked up to my thighs and covered in sand (glad I didn't have to vacuum out the rental car *G*)
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 06-03-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Cami, I sure wish I could have been one of the lucky ones to have met you in San Jose. You sound like one heckuva person! You have got the best attitude - never letting anything get you down. I wish there were more people like you.

Thanks for the review. You tell a good story!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.