Thread: Interesting...

Banned

Default Interesting...

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-St...t_2_In_America

A friend sent this to me to brag about "HIS" Stones and the re-issue of this album. "The greatest rock and roll album ever made" and he continued to brag...He hates The Eagles.

I wonder if The Eagles would ever do this?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Interesting...

We discussed this in the thread 'Reissued Eagles albums'.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=2480

Unless the Eagles suddenly found some unreleased tracks which they considered worthy of release, I don't believe they would reissue their albums. As I said in the other thread they (Henley especially) are always stating that what they did not use, they erased.

Regarding Exile, it isn't even the Stones' best album, let alone 'the greatest album ever made'. It has some good tracks (Sweet Virginia, Tumbling Dice, Torn & Frayed) but it is very overrated.

Banned

HAHA! Yes, that's what I tell my Stones fan friend. I tell him to listen to some Eagles. He still hates them.

Ah well, his loss!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

I love Exile, it is my favorite Stones album just because it is so dense and covers so many styles, from gospel to blues to country and straight up rock. With the exception of Tumbling Dice, there are not a lot of songs that get played on classic rock radio but after several listens it grows immeasurably. I bought the deluxe edition and enjoy the new tracks very much.

An interesting Eagles/ Exile connection is that Gram Parsons who had recently been fired from the Flying Burrito Brothers almost got Bernie to travel with him to Keith's chateau in the south of France in 1971 where they recorded Exile on Main Street in Keith's basement. Bernie declined because he couldn't afford it, Gram went and spiraled into further heroin abuse hanging out with his buddy Keith. Bernie has said that had he gone, he's not sure the Eagles would have ever happened.
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Wow, thank goodness Bernie decided not to splurge!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten