Quote Originally Posted by edwardd19 View Post
I've got to disagree with you, I believe felder is the opposite of a narcissist, I believe felder is as humble as he can be, despite the way he got treated so poorly by Henley and Frey. I mean if you wanna talk about someone being a narcissist, then... i think you would have to give that to Henley. I mean was it really necessary to crop out Felder out of the new La Forum 76 vinyl album ?? I mean come on now Felder basically made that song. I mean henley acts like the Hotel California album was his and Glenn's album, which it was NOT , they themselves together only wrote two of the songs on that album, the rest either included the other guys or did not even include Henley and Frey, plus I mean really Henley are you really going to give yourself the most song credit for hotel california How narcissistic can you be to change the song credits and put Felder last when he wrote 95% of that song. Even in Felder's concerts which i have been to, he gives props to the guys and gives credibility and no where does he ever take full credit for anything, unlike Glenn and Henley and who do the complete opposite. Go ahead and listen to any of their HFO audio bootleg concerts, whenever they perform lyin' eyes and one of these nights at the end of their first set , they always give commentary on those two songs and how they are from their OOTN album. Yet in every concert the same phrase is said by Glenn " Here is a song created by me and Henley" " Heres a song that Don (Henley) and I made in 1975" "Here is a song from Don (Henley) and I satanic rhythm and blues period" No where does he ever mention felder who helped come up with one of these nights and he even created that iconic opening bass sound in the beginning that everyone loves, so in reference to your comment on felder, i think he is as humble, thankful, and respectful as a human can be, Even though he deserves a lot more credibility and respect.
While I personally agree that the topic of Felder vs. the Eagles is very tiresome after all these years, I think that the issue is still discussed amongst fans because a lot of the personality traits that led to Felder's dismissal carry over to his current behavior. I normally avoid most of the discussion these days, however, edward19 made several claims that I feel shouldn't be left unchallenged.

First of all, I think the Felder, Henley, and Frey songwriting credits are appropriate for Hotel California; however, I believe it is a huge misrepresentation to claim that Felder wrote 95% of the song. He wrote most of the music. Joe had major input into the guitar outro. Felder did not write any of the lyrics and did not arrange the song.

With regard to One of These Nights, Felder came up with the intro to the song. Just as Joe did not receive songwriting credit for his contribution to Hotel California, neither did Felder receive credit for OOTN.

Lastly, I think whether or not Felder is viewed as humble is very subjective given that we do not really know him. However, fans can surely speculate on their observations. Based on everything I've read, heard, and seen, I don't view him as humble. That's not to say he doesn't have his moments, but in reading his book and seeing him in interviews, I think he has a big tendency to believe he deserves more credit than he receives for his musical contributions e.g. Victim of Love.