Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder on Facebook!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Felder on Facebook!

I hope the person who wrote this isn't suggesting that Justin was inspired by HC, because Question came out in 1970: "Justin Hayward's song Question, sounds like a faster version of your Hotel California riff"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    For someone who's "so over that" Don is surprisingly fine with with people bashing the other Eagles guys on his page.

And when someone wrote "Forgiveness is THE HIGH ROAD", instead of ignoring it Don replied "Forgive but NEVER forget". It seems that he's still 100% a victim.

EDIT:

The "Forgive but NEVER forget" also nicely encourages OTHER people to keep bashing G & D while Don himself is so over that.
    The 'what are YOUR thoughts' encourages the bashing, never mind anything else.

I don't look at his page. I wouldn't waste my time.

Although....does he actually post this stuff himself or does an assistant do it? That doesn't excuse it but still....
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-25-2015 at 05:17 PM.

I saw that, but I was nervous to bring it over. I think Don said he posts his own post

If I remembered. It seems like Don would always bring up stuff on Don and Glenn. He can avoid the question like Don and Glenn can, but he always answers it. Don and Glenn rarely said anything about Don F. And it was only brought up to Don H twice this year. IMO Don and Glenn has gotten over it by not bringing it up, but Mr. Felder really hasn't. If he did, he wouldn't always bring it up.

I bet his fans wouldn't tell Don the whole truth of why that audience member was booted out of the show. They would just say he was booted out because he said Don's name.

I do go on Don's facebook page, but when it comes to him or the fans bashing Don or Glenn, I don't read it.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-26-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with almost all of the comments everyone has made about this. I rarely comment on Felder anymore because I think it's very troubling that he continues to dwell on the negativity that happened so long ago. That comment is classic passive aggressive behavior of someone who is definitely not taking the high road. His actions are designed to instigate his fans to say all the nasty stuff he can't say because he, of course, is 'over' it.

Very sad!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That sounds about right, IABD. He probably let the fans say it while he's staying quiet on the subject. I really don't think Don would ever get over that. He may seem like he has, but deep down. I don't think he has. He wants to be the good guy when it comes to this while Don and Glenn are still bitter about this.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    That sounds about right, IABD. He probably let the fans say it while he's staying quiet on the subject. I really don't think Don would ever get over that. He may seem like he has, but deep down. I don't think he has.
    Sorry, but if he wished to stay quiet he would not have raised the issue in the first place. Then he apparently replied to a post 'forgive but never forget'. He has neither forgiven nor forgotten and he never will.

Stuck on the Border

IMO there's no denying that Don is very naive about certain things. It seems that he can't separate situations where people are kissing his behind from true and genuine communication. Also, when Long way Out Of Eden had just come out, some interviewer said to Don that the album sounds like second rate country (not the exact words), and Don went along and said "yeah".

Don seems to be easily lead in interviews, and he doesn't seem to realize that any celebrity is going to have a hoard of people who are going to kiss his/her behind - especially on his/her Facebook page.
    Last edited by chaim; 11-26-2015 at 11:55 AM.

I was originally going to say, and believe to an extent that he was just asking for his fans to support him but with the "Forgive/Forget" thing, it seems he is opening a can of worms.

I personally think Felder is very smart/intellectual but that he chooses to make the commentary he does. I think in his mind it's justified, and to extent I think he has a right to if he feels wronged rather or not that it might be inflammatory.

I don't think it's a case of him not knowing what he's saying or going along with what interviewers say. I think he thinks what he says, and says what he thinks. I think he'd know, for instance, if someone was screwing him over or kissing his butt just to get something from him and certainly would know when someone is feeding him a line. He just goes along with it knowingly I think. Whether or not that's a good thing or bad thing is a separate issue.

I love Felder and support him and I do feel he got a raw deal. I just wish there was less drama surrounding him, and admittedly he brings some of that on himself by feeding the fire all the time with the media.

Stuck on the Border

Austin's use of the word "intellectual" refers to my previous post, which I edited. I removed the stuff about Don perhaps not being intellectual, because it was unnecessary and it's not for me to say.

I'm still not convinced that Don is great at "reading" interviewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Felder on Facebook
    November 21:

I was asked over on Twitter the following question regarding Don Henley & Glenn Frey: if you could kick one of them in the balls, who would it be?

My reply was: Neither, I'm so over that and just wish them well at this point. No reason to carry hard feelings. "Let it Be".

What are your thoughts about it all today?
    Oh my freaking gosh.

If he hadn't added the "What are your thoughts" part, I could be generous and say that Felder was trying to discourage the type of question he was asked on Twitter.

However, "What are you thoughts" at the very least invites people to tell him how great he is for being "the better person", and at worst invites people to trash Glenn and Don H.

I wish someone close to him could let him know that he is embarrassing himself with such posts. This is true regardless of the cheers from sycophants eager to kiss his a$$.

ETA: I'm not saying everyone who replies supportively is a sycophant, but all it takes is a perusal of the comments to see a whole lot of nastiness on display. It's telling that those posters obviously believe Felder approves of their ugly comments. This gem by a man named Frankie is representative: "Well Don, since you asked, and since I don't have to be 'over it,' my thoughts are this: I'd first kick Frey in the balls so hard he wouldn't be able to find them. Next, if he actually has any balls, I'd do the same for Henley." This is the kind of post some of Felder's fans believe will please him, and Felder's silence does nothing to discourage that belief.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten