Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    He's waaayyy too sexy. Don't know how the people around him withstood it.
    I have that thought quite often...how did women not jump onstage and make a fool of themselves? lol...I know he wouldn't be safe if I would have seen this live!!!! rsz_6u6.jpg

*photo from photobucket, but I found it on another site years ago and don't remember which one!!

Great shot of Randy at the Voorburg PopGala concert. The people in the audience were so lucky!

Thanks, Susie R!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Randy gets compared to an NBA player in this article “Is Karl Anthony Towns the Randy Meisner of the NBA?”, dated Jan. 14. I don’t follow professional basketball much these days so I have no idea who Karl Anthony Towns is or what is his story. But it is really interesting that Randy and his reluctance to sing Take It to the Limit has become part of rock music lore.

An even bigger surprise was that Meisner never enjoyed signing the song. His biggest success became his biggest fear. Randy believed he was unable to consistently hit the high notes the song demanded. Having listened to many different live versions of the song with Meisner singing I can’t seem to find his flaws. Meisner grew uncomfortable when performing the high-pitched notes in the climax of his song. And to the dismay of his bandmates, Meisner to quit the Eagles due o his discomfort.

I was always baffled that someone who seemed so talented in the eyes of others can be afraid of his own gifts. Fans adored the song and the high notes Meisner performed. But I guess perception is a strange thing, and fortunately or unfortunately it is different for everyone. This situation got me thinking of other people who were given talents, but seem to ignore or not use them.
    https://medium.com/@thomashughesspor...ferrer=twitter

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks, Delilah!

You know it's true - you hear all these bootlegs and not once do you hear Randy mess up. I bet he missed the notes once in a blue moon, but the fear of it gave Randy so much anxiety he couldn't appreciate all the times he nailed it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

And, to me, the saddest part of all is that fans don't care about perfection in live shows - they just want to hear the songs. So, even if Randy did have an occasional problem hitting the high notes, the fans would have been forgiving if they even noticed at all. I agree that every version of the song I ever heard Randy sing was awesome. It so unfortunate when we get convinced of something in our minds and aren't able to overcome our fears and insecurities.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Randy gets compared to an NBA player in this article “Is Karl Anthony Towns the Randy Meisner of the NBA?”, dated Jan. 14. I don’t follow professional basketball much these days so I have no idea who Karl Anthony Towns is or what is his story. But it is really interesting that Randy and his reluctance to sing Take It to the Limit has become part of rock music lore.

https://medium.com/@thomashughesspor...ferrer=twitter
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing my story. It means a great deal to me. Karl Anthony Towns is a very talented basketball player who was blessed with size and skill. His career to date has been good, but he shows glimpses of an even higher ceiling. Many times I watch him in frustration because he seems to not want to play up to his potential. That is where I drew the parallel to Randy Meisner. I love "Take it to the Limit" and it pains me that Meisner did not feel comfortable doing something so many people loved.

TH

Quote Originally Posted by thughes19 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing my story. It means a great deal to me. Karl Anthony Towns is a very talented basketball player who was blessed with size and skill. His career to date has been good, but he shows glimpses of an even higher ceiling. Many times I watch him in frustration because he seems to not want to play up to his potential. That is where I drew the parallel to Randy Meisner. I love "Take it to the Limit" and it pains me that Meisner did not feel comfortable doing something so many people loved.

TH
    Hello, thughes19, welcome to The Border! Your article was interesting and I was happy to share it.

As as far as Randy’s reluctance to sing TITTL, I feel your pain as well.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

This is a sweet article about 4th graders portraying famous Nebraskans in honor of the state’s birthday. One youngster decided to be The Meis. https://www.starherald.com/news/loca...ZQEXh2ATEr1gt0

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    This is a sweet article about 4th graders portraying famous Nebraskans in honor of the state’s birthday. One youngster decided to be The Meis. https://www.starherald.com/news/loca...ZQEXh2ATEr1gt0
    What a cool fourth grader!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you