Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

Thank you for tryin', Miss D. When you have time, perhaps you could post a link to the file in question?

Take your time. Truth be told, I've rarely been able to download things over the years, especially torrent things. It's often in the .rar format, and I only get so far.

Banned

It's been quite a while since I've been an active member of dime-a-dozen, from memory you need to set up an account to download a torrent. It's free. You email your own username and password to them and they reply with the account confirmation.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/index.php

You'll need bit torrent software to put your computer in touch with computers that already have the torrent you wish to download (and are willing to share it). That is also free and easy to find. Some web browsers come with bit torrent software already installed.

If you are downloading a torrent, you are referred to as a leecher.
    If you have the torrent and are allowing others to download it from your computer, you're a seeder.
    The more seeders there are, the quicker you'll receive the torrent.

To download further torrents from dime-a-dozen you need to seed a percentage (I think it's 25% plus) of the stuff you've leeched.

The torrent will appear on your computer, as a folder of mainly flac files, which can be played on some media players or converted to wav or mp3 files using a decent audio converter.

It can be a bit of a rigmarole but it's well worth the trouble for any loyal music fans.
    I'd say that the dime-a-dozen site is, new user, friendly with help and information links on the header of every page.

That's about as much as I know about bit torrent downloading.
    Here's the link for;
    Randy Meisner
    Huntington Beach, CA @ Golden Bear 1978-08-26

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=584302

Good luck Meisner fans

Thank you so much, Funk! Very kind indeed. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

I'm in! And once again, I doff my (metaphorical) hat to Funk, because I see this was only loaded on Monday and Mr. F. was right there on the scene.

I don't see a highlighted link - is that what one looks for? - or other indication of a file(s) to be downloaded.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 02-15-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Thank you, F50. When I was reading up on this yesterday, it seemed like I was glimpsing into a netherworld of back-alley file sharing, complete with its own mystery language and code, lol. Not unlike what happens in the gaming community. It does seem something of a black hole, however.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The things we do for love of Randy!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you so much, Funk! Very kind indeed. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

I'm in! And once again, I doff my (metaphorical) hat to Funk, because I see this was only loaded on Monday and Mr. F. was right there on the scene.

I don't see a highlighted link - is that what one looks for? - or other indication of a file(s) to be downloaded.
    Thanks for all your kind words Meisner fans. I was a perplexed to find that you're still unable to get the Meisner show. You've done everything right but I found out yesterday, after a bit of digging around, that the dime-a-dozen moderators have recently added an extra task, before you are able to download your first torrent file.

As of 2015-02-03, all new accounts start at Guest rank. (Check your membership rank in the upper right corner of any DIME page while you're logged in). To be able to participate in our torrents, you must email the moderators to request a promotion to the Power User rank): http://www.dimeadozen.org/extras-contact.php

Your message must come from the contact address in your DIME profile, and its text must specify your username (but NOT your password!) as well as stating your reason for writing.

All such requests are reviewed by management and processed manually. We will try to respond within forty-eight hours; allow us at least that long before writing again or reminding us.

Before you send it, or while you're waiting to hear back, we strongly recommend that you read our cautions for new members at this page in DimeWiki: all DIME members are expected to know the information there.
    I've found out that I was demoted to Guest Rank quite a while ago and I'm unable to delete my account but I have discovered that dime-a-dozen have occasional "Freeloader" days when I will be able to download torrents. The most recent Freeloader days were over Christmas.

I'll exercise my impeccable Eagles patience and attempt to get Randy's concert during the next freeloader day if I don't locate it elsewhere first.

Sorry if this isn't Meisner newsworthy.

It's incredibly newsworthy, and very helpful as well.

I too may wait for a Freeloader day... but then, I'm very curious to hear "Best of My Love" with Randy singing lead.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 02-17-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks for all the digging and researching everyone! I certainly appreciate it!! I hope someone is able to retrieve the concert, it is definitely outside of my realm. I look forward to hearing more about it.

I'm hearing (from the little birdie) that TITTL is particularly awesome and Randy goes for the super high note at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I'm hearing (from the little birdie) that TITTL is particularly awesome and Randy goes for the super high note at the end.
    NMB, I wish your "little birdie" would share this with us!