Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

Thank You NMB for this interview ! I have listened to about 15 minutes so far and hope to hear the rest of it before it disappears. What a great find !

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm glad you all are enjoying it as much as I am. It was posted on a Randy fan page on FB and I didn't click on it for a day or so, as I thought it was the *other* Redbeard interview, but that only covered their debut album.

Anyhoo, if our young friend Austin is around, he may enjoy the part where Glenn explains the tuning to "Best of My Love."

Thanks NMB for posting this! I’m listening to it right now and It’s fascinating. Could you possibly post the link to the link for the other interview for the first album? Unless it’s been posted in here before.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    To the cornfield! What a cute expression.

That’s going to be a big undertaking to transcribe it - the program is almost 90 minutes long! Isn’t it possible to save the audio? Then you can always hear Randy’s sweet voice and laugh.
    I’ve read that expression somewhere and me being a Twilight Zone fan, it stuck.

No doubt it’s possible to save the audio but I’m too technologically challenged to figure it out. Anyway, I may just transcribe the Randy parts. Glenn had a number of interviews back around then but there is little from Randy.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    No doubt it’s possible to save the audio but I’m too technologically challenged to figure it out. Anyway, I may just transcribe the Randy parts. Glenn had a number of interviews back around then but there is little from Randy.
    Sshh... don't tell. I've got it. It's an MP3.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Thanks NMB for posting this! I’m listening to it right now and It’s fascinating. Could you possibly post the link to the link for the other interview for the first album? Unless it’s been posted in here before.
    Here you go, YoungEaglesFan!
    http://www.inthestudio.net/online-on...randy-meisner/

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    This was new to me: the DJ Redbeard interviewing Glenn and Randy about Desperado and On the Border. Wonderful stuff! http://www.inthestudio.net/online-on...aocl97hraUrbfs
    I like how Redbeard calls Glyn Johns "Glynis," just like John Lennon did when the Beatles were making Let it Be

Awful nice to see you On the Border again, Scarlet Sun. I have “Let It Be” on VHS somewhere, but never watched more than a few minutes. Didn’t realize that Glyn was in it. Hopefully some generous soul has posted it on the YouTubes.

As you know, Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band appeared on a short-lived tv show called "Get It Together" in 1970. Clever people - not me - have found a scan of an article that 16 Magazine did on the show, which was hosted by Cass Elliott. http://lostmediawiki.com/Get_It_Together_(partially_found_music_TV_show;_19 70)?fbclid=IwAR2sK0eaBVP5lyS6Q2yhmZxuQ3X7V3o-ydKIv459C1Kaf0mbaYuD-C9Ru5U

Thanks, NMB, what a find!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."