Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Out on the Border

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow! What a cool find! I love little things like this.
    I am fairly certain this Mercury was NOT on the album cover. It is my understanding from my father that Randy had several Mercuries and this was just one of them. This is not a restored car, but a custom car that Randy owned. I did LOVE the green one on the album cover, though!

Here is another image of the car that I took.

#1950 #Mercury #Vintage #classic #car #lowrider #leadsled #customcar #ratrod #graffiti by Micheal Peterson, on Flickr

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What a cool old car! Thanks HP!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Post Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

Hello HuskerPete, welcome to The Border!

Thanks for posting the picture and for the info. Randy was such a car guy and owning one that he used to drive is so cool!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I hope I'm not stepping afoul of the rules, but this is too special not to share: a 1998 article from Randy's hometown newspaper on the occasion of the Eagles induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with quotes from Randy's proud mama Emilie, "I always knew he was bound for something big." https://imgur.com/a/R82PRpU

Having some trouble posting page 2. If this doesn't work, I'll try typing it out. https://imgur.com/UAPE3Ps

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I hope I'm not stepping afoul of the rules, but this is too special not to share: a 1998 article from Randy's hometown newspaper on the occasion of the Eagles induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with quotes from Randy's proud mama Emilie, "I always knew he was bound for something big." https://imgur.com/a/R82PRpU

Having some trouble posting page 2. If this doesn't work, I'll try typing it out. https://imgur.com/UAPE3Ps
    Thanks for posting, NightMistBlue. Proud MaMa indeed. She was correct, the R&R HOF is quite a big deal!
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

Thanks, NMB, great find. I’ve been looking for a pre-RnR HoF interview of Randy and his mother—I wonder if this is it. Probably so.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I had never even heard of Mrs. Meis speaking to the press, so was gobsmacked when a FB friend found this. I hope Mama Meisner somehow got to watch the ceremony (the newspaper noted that VH1 was not available in the area) and hear her son thank his parents in his acceptance speech.

How precious to think of little Randy imitating Elvis around the house

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I had never even heard of Mrs. Meis speaking to the press, so was gobsmacked when a FB friend found this. I hope Mama Meisner somehow got to watch the ceremony (the newspaper noted that VH1 was not available in the area) and hear her son thank his parents in his acceptance speech.

How precious to think of little Randy imitating Elvis around the house
    I've never seen something by Mrs. Meisner either. Thanks so much for this!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I vaguely remember hearing something about Randy's mom's interview before, but I don't remember if I ever actually read it before or not.

In any event, it doesn't matter because you can never read this kind of stuff too many times. Thanks, NMB!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The Meis is part of a Rock Cellar article asking rock musicians what their all-time favorite concert was. I have no idea when the interview was done, but the show Randy saw was likely between 1983, when The Band resumed touring without Robbie Robertson, and 1986 when Richard Manuel tragically committed suicide.

Randy Meisner (The Eagles): The best show I’ve ever seen bar none was The Band, who along with Bob Dylan are my favorite artists of all time. I saw them at Filthy McNasty’s, a little funky club in North Hollywood. I don’t go to a lot of concerts but that show still sticks in my brain. They did all their big hits, “Up on Cripple Creek,” “Stage Fright,” “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” and “Rag Mama Rag.” It was all the original members except for Robbie Robertson. The music was so powerful and organic. Every song impressed me. They could do no wrong. They were all about the music and nothing else. I love Garth Hudson’s organ playing, he’s magnificent. Rick Danko was fabulous too and sadly he’s gone, as is Richard Manuel. If Bob Dylan had been there I would have been even happier; I probably would have fainted. (laughs)

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/b...LXfEaez78nR3u8