Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Randy Article

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for posting these interviews. I love reading them - even if I may have seen them before, posting them again gives a person a chance to revisit and maybe get reminded of something they've forgotten. Besides, not everyone has seen them before.

This question from the second interview made me laugh:
    John- Do you still hang out with Don Henley and Glen Frey?
    Randy - Well, not really.
    I bet Randy was thinking, "Wow, this guy is naive." lol

I had forgotten this:

Randy - [The reunion album with Poco] wasn't very good. (Laughing) I had done some recording with Richard Marx and he wrote a song for me. Then we all got back together and it was really fun actually. Let me tell you what really happened. This was going down around the time of the Persian Gulf War and our management had arranged all these things on military bases. We had all this merchandising to sell and when we got to all these army bases we were playing to empty crowds because all the troops were in the Persian Gulf. After that we played a few more things but I ended up paying all this money for merchandising rather than making money on it. We did make a record and I thought it was good. Richie Furay is a minister in Boulder, Colorado. So, when we went out we had to change our lyrics like on the song "Hearts on Fire" we had to change the line "I had myself a tall one waiting in the bar I didn't want to leave here until I had her in the car" it got to Richie. I had to respect Richie but one night we were playing in Toronto and the crowd was really good and I sang the original lyric and Richie got kind of upset about that. Also, Jimmy Messina couldn't sing "I had her in the backseat" on his song. I really got frustrated with that because we weren't singing the original lyrics of these songs so I left. We did finish the tour but I didn't make a penny. We did travel all over and we went to Europe for a month to promote this whole album. Out of a month we played twenty four days and we would get up at five in the morning, go to every radio station in Europe and plug this album. It didn't do a darn bit of good. So, I have had my road work, you know? (Laughing)
    To do all that work and not make a cent! Yikes! And then having to "clean up" the lyrics - I understand why they were asked to do it but I can also understand why Randy balked - especially if he wasn't making any money!
    I'm just reading old posts in this thread ...
    I think it's pretty lame when bands are asked to change lyrics (like the Doors on the Ed Sullivan show having to change "girl we couldn't get much higher", but then of course Jim didn't change it)
    but I can't imagine the band themselves wanting to change lyrics..minister or not. I can see why Randy would be annoyed about it. I know people like this now. It's not being true to yourself. Don't try to change or erase your past. Especially, when it's something like song lyrics. Were they singing in a church? no..they were singing to their fans who knew the lyrics to begin with!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

This is a small article from 1981 on Mr. Meisner, but a good one...thanks for pointing me to it, Springbo!
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6901,5524651

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

I love that article, thanks for sharing it! I love hearing when someone I admire is also shy and withdrawn, i'm the same way. I also loved how inspired he was by Don and Glenn to help him become a better singer!

Here's an interview with Rusty Young about Poco that mentions Randy:

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=806739

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ng-guy_25.html

Stuck on the Border

Bumping this thread because there are some good links in it. If you're a Randy fan and haven't read these interviews, what are you waiting for? He talks about leaving the Eagles, the Poco reunion etc.

I confess that I'd reposted the interview only to realise that the same one has been posted and discussed many times already.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Randy Meisner's nicknames

I recently read in the book "To The Limit" (author: Marc Eliot) and "From Heaven to Hell" (Don Felder) that Randy's nicknames given by other Eagles members were: Chipmunk, Baby Face and Teflon Voice. People who knew him or met him all agree that he was "so cute" and "so nice".

The nickname "Chipmunk" for Randy? Chipmunks are indeed among the most adorable creatures on this Earth, however, I choose to believe that it had more to do with Randy's gentle soul and soothing aura.

My versions of Randy Meisner's nicknames "Baby Face" and "Teflon Voice" are "Angel Face" and "Angel Voice".

And instead of using the word "cute" to describe Randy, I choose the word "beautiful" (outside and inside).

Christmas is coming very soon and I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!

Border Desperado The Thrill Is Never Gone's Avatar

Welcome Sunshine Coast and Merry Christmas! Glad to have another Randy fan on board. Yes Randy is beautiful inside and out. I think our Randy photo thread says it all.

Welcome Sunshine Coast!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Question Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

I haven't read anything about Randy's health lately has anyone heard how he has been doing since his choking incident? Hope he is well.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............