Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

Just read that Randy had cataract surgery, Hope he is doing well! Love to see those baby blues clear again..

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Just read that Randy had cataract surgery, Hope he is doing well! Love to see those baby blues clear again..
    DJ I thought this was a Randy Meisner in the Press thread. I am aware of where you sourced this information, it was not the press. Please be careful about passing on information and photographs provided by a certain person.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Is the info from the Meisnettes Facebook page? If so, that is a fan-run, public site - I don't see how that warrants a caution to DJ as to how any information from that page is used. I may be missing something though or not totally understand the guidelines of this board.

I look to all sorts of sources, Thank you.
    And thanks MC for the support because if their is a Fan Site for Randy it is public domain, I would imagine. Press is just a word. Anyhow it was a well wished message at that.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

While we don't have an official policy, there are other sites and pages that do not like it when things are posted here without giving credit, even when it's public information. In general, if you find information through a Twitter search, Google alert or search, or otherwise find it (I get emails from several sources as well), it's good to post it here. If you find it on another fan page or site, it's not a good idea to post it here. Soda will correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't like stepping on other people's toes and creating ill will. I solve the problem by not having time to ever look at any site but this one!
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 07-05-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

There always seems to be "toe stepping when it comes to Randy, so I will keep the information I receive to myself and not post it here. I don't want to cause ill will.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Believe me, it goes beyond Randy! Of course, another option, if you can, is to ask permission to post something elsewhere. We're all Eagles fans here, and we all want to hear about our guys. So please believe me when I say it's not because we don't want the info here.

Of course, information found here can be shared anywhere.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Believe me, it goes beyond Randy! Of course, another option, if you can, is to ask permission to post something elsewhere. We're all Eagles fans here, and we all want to hear about our guys. So please believe me when I say it's not because we don't want the info here.

Of course, information found here can be shared anywhere.
    Thanks VA much appreciated and I'll put the source off all my info, especially Randy.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation, VA. I sort of get it when the owner/admin of the social media site posts the content. However, when random people are posting their own photos or experiences to that medium for the world to see, I don't know why we should differentiate between Twitter, Instagram (OK to re-post here) and FB (not OK to repost here) or other social media or news sites (?). I understand that there may be sensitivities with owners of other social media sites, but as a matter of policy, it seems inconsistent. If posters/owners don't want their content to travel freely around the internet, there are simple ways to achieve that, including a request that the info not be re-used, like a recent poster requested here with his photos. In my view, once you put it up there with no restrictions, on a public site, it's fair game, and you should not be surprised to see it referenced on similar sites.

I agree 100% that social media sites of Eagles' kids or family members are completely a no-go for reposting, as it should be. But information about our guys freely available on the internet is information about our guys regardless of the source, and lots of fans don't want to limit themselves to just this site, sometimes there is info elsewhere that isn't on here. I guess it really comes down to "fan sites" vs. other sources of info - just trying to understand the difference. I don't want to run afoul of Soda's preferences, which I respect. Also, not trying to be argumentative (promise!).

Bottom line is I don't think Borderers should be discouraged from posting info here, as long as the information is not received illegally or against board policy (i.e. Eagles' family social media or something clearly not meant for public consumption or sensitive, like house addresses or something). Maybe the best policy is to require that Borderers give credit, i.e. "So and so on the __ Facebook page is saying that...." as opposed to telling them not to repost the info here. Sorry to go off on this discussion in the Randy thread, we can move this if necessary.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 07-05-2014 at 03:02 PM.

I do not understand this. I thought Meisnette was not to be spoken ?????