Page 195 of 300 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I was called for Duty in the Federal Courts at the end of last year and they were set up the way you guys are set up. Call in on Monday Evening after 5pm and they tell you via recorded message whether you need to show up on Tuesday for possible selection for jury. I never even had to report to the courthouse!

I did have a call to County Jury Duty probably 15 years ago. I was selected the first day after the interview, reported for duty the next day and the Judge got mad and called it a Mistrial because the two lawyers involved in the hearing were introducing evidence that had not been presented in time for the other lawyer to review. That judge was MAD too for wasting his time and the Juror's time!

MikeA

HI everyone! Longtime poster returns! Although I haven't posted in a long time, I do visit the site as often as I can and try to keep up with everything.

I hope everyone is doing well. Both of our daughters are in college now; the oldest is a senior and youngest a freshman. I was quite unexpectedly laid off from my job in early December and so I spend my days actively job searching, which is very difficult in this economy. I spent the last month as a temporary executive assistant filling in for an employee on medical leave, but now I am pounding the pavement again. I have had several promising interviews but the job market is flooded with applicants. I remain hopeful, though; I know the right position is out there somewhere.

I read today in a Google alert that Don has scheduled a solo date Sept 21 at the Mountain Winery in San Francisco, so I hope that means more solo dates to come. I can't travel that far, but I would love it if he would come South! I expect more dates as he promotes his new solo album. I am looking forward to buying Brad Paisley's new album in May; not only do I love Brad, but I can't wait to hear Don's song on it, too! There is nothing like Eagles/Don music to make EVERYTHING better!

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    HI everyone! Longtime poster returns! Although I haven't posted in a long time, I do visit the site as often as I can and try to keep up with everything.

I hope everyone is doing well. Both of our daughters are in college now; the oldest is a senior and youngest a freshman. I was quite unexpectedly laid off from my job in early December and so I spend my days actively job searching, which is very difficult in this economy. I spent the last month as a temporary executive assistant filling in for an employee on medical leave, but now I am pounding the pavement again. I have had several promising interviews but the job market is flooded with applicants. I remain hopeful, though; I know the right position is out there somewhere.

I read today in a Google alert that Don has scheduled a solo date Sept 21 at the Mountain Winery in San Francisco, so I hope that means more solo dates to come. I can't travel that far, but I would love it if he would come South! I expect more dates as he promotes his new solo album. I am looking forward to buying Brad Paisley's new album in May; not only do I love Brad, but I can't wait to hear Don's song on it, too! There is nothing like Eagles/Don music to make EVERYTHING better!

Take care!
    Welcome back! I also am looking forward to Brad's new album - I've just here recently (and I do mean recently) started getting into his music but from a guitarist's perspective. I didn't know Don was on one of his new songs.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DonFan! Long time no see! It's great to hear from you and that you and your family are doing well. Good luck to you with the job hunt. Something will turn up, I'm sure!

Come back when you can! We miss ya!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

As if my Mum having a small stroke about 18 months ago wasn't enough, my middle older sister (aged 68 nearly 69) had a small stroke last week too. Luckily she lives next door to a nurse who was very quick in recognising the symptoms and called for an ambulance so she got medical help quickly. Thankfully she is home already after just a few days in hospital and seems to be doing okay. It's been a wake up call to her though. Hoping it isn't a family thing.
    Melanie

I hope it's not a family thing either but as P47 said you might want to get a checkup to be on the safe side.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Awww Melanie, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope everyone gets better soon and you take care of yourself also.

Hey DF---Good to see you here again!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Melanie, hope your sister's recovery is 100%. Quick medical care is the key with a stroke. Know the warning signs and keep your cholesterol in check are 2 things you can do as a preventative measure. Also, make sure your doctor has it in your medical record that you have a strong family history.

Dana! Glad you popped in for a visit. Miss ya around here! Hope your employment situation is resolved soon.

PM, I once got off jury duty because I knew the lawyer. I'm friends with someone who is close friends with this particular lawyer and his wife and we had socialized with them once or twice years before. That was all it took to get out of the jury duty! Sweet!
    [

Melanie, I'm sorry to hear that news. Hope your sister gets better soon!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks everyone. I will be sure to mention it on my next visit to the doctors (just in case). With Easter out of the way I'd better get the diet going ........ again and with more determination. Need to lose a good couple of pounds.
    Melanie