Page 257 of 300 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    What hotel are you in?
    We are in the Disney Santa Fe Hotel, there is nothing special but I need the room only to sleep !
    Do you know the Buffalo Bill Show? We will see it on one evening.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We were in the Sequoia Lodge. You should pop in there some evening and have a drink in front of the blazing log fires!

Yep we went to Buffslo Bill! It was fantastic, all of us loved it. We had Tex Mex food! Lots of it! Well recommended! You will have a wonderful time there.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    We were in the Sequoia Lodge. You should pop in there some evening and have a drink in front of the blazing log fires!
    Thanks for the Hint!

Yep we went to Buffslo Bill! It was fantastic, all of us loved it. We had Tex Mex food! Lots of it! Well recommended! You will have a wonderful time there.
    Sounds great!Then it was probably the right decision to reservations for the show.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh it was!

You're welcome for the tip. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful holiday!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I've noticed in the past few years that I've needed to wear reading glasses for just about everything. I've worn contacts since 1980 and so wearing glasses so much, having to always carry them around with me, was really getting me down.
    I was very leery of the concept of two different contact lenses, where one eyes sees 'far' and the other 'reads'. But I put them in today for the first time and I'm typing without glasses on! I can see things out my living room window without squinting or refocusing. Just like life was ten years ago! Now...if I could only look ten years younger...
    I started wearing glasses when I was seven, switched to contacts when I was 14 and wore them until my early forties when I had to stop due to discomfort. This past April I decided to try contacts again, as my eye dr. told me they had come a long way comfort-wise since I had last worn them. I am not a good candidate for soft lenses, so he fitted me with gas permeable monovision lenses, which is the lens VA is wearing. The Dr. told me my brain would have to adjust to one eye for near and one for far so I gave it a shot. Right away I noticed that my right eye was blurry, but I continued to wear them, waiting for the day I would not notice the blurriness. Well, unfortunately that day never came, but I waited too long to return to the doctor (3 months) and my free trial period was over. I still tried wearing them , then it became less and less until I switched back to my glasses. This was during the time I saw Jackson Browne in concert and I remember being frustrated to be sitting so close to the stage but not being able to see out of my right eye!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

This past week was a tough one for me. On monday one of my younger cousins died. She was only 22 years old. It was such a shock to my entire family but i think it was almost more of a shock by how she died. Unfortunately she committed suicide. Things were really tough for her over the last year and a half. Some of you may remember that this past February my Uncle Mike passed away and in March of last year my Aunt Opal passed. They were my cousins parents. And just two weeks ago her grandmother passed away. We all knew that this was all really hard for her but none of us expected for her to take her own life. The funeral was on friday. I probably shouldn't have but after the funeral was over I went to work. I've never found it so hard to get through a shift. Actually, I didn't even work an entire shift. I left two hours early because I was so tired. I was going on maybe 3 hours of sleep and was mentally exhausted.

When Uncle Mike passed earlier this year it was only a week after everything happened with my dad. I kept meaning to send my cousin a message on fb to tell her that I was sorry that I couldn't be there for her like I should because I was trying to deal with everything happening with my dad (and still dealing with it now). I wanted to tell her that I was thinking about her. Because I've been so caught up in my own problems with my dad I never got around to sending her that message and I feel terrible about that. I kept putting it off and telling myself that I would get around to it later and now it's too late. I don't know what else to think about this whole thing. It's just so hard to believe that she's gone.

I know that not everybody here on The Border is on fb but to those of you that are and sent me condolences on there I want to say Thank You. That really means a lot.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Oh, so awful!! Don't be too hard on yourself about not sending the FB message. That can't be changed now, and it certainly wasn't the reason she took her own life. That poor girl! Your family has my condolences and is in my prayers.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I am so sorry Jess. I know this must be a difficult, heart-breaking time and please know I am thinking of you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry I haven't been on here in what seems like forever. I started college back in August. I'm working on a certificate. It's to become a multimedia developer. I'm taking one class this semester - intro to digital media. I hope to become a web page designer one day.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin and all of it. While I didn't bother to post this until now, know that you've been in my thoughts and prayers the last few days.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.