Page 171 of 300 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Smokey got a great report from his oncologist today-she said he is really responding well to the chemo! We are so grateful!
    That's tremendous good news Carla!

MikeA

Good to hear about Smokey responding well!

As for all you folks having to deal with relocation of progeny and their possessions... good luck! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Glad to hear the good news from Smokey!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thanks, everyone! We are grateful to have such a wonderful doctor looking after Smokey. In the beginning, she said it could go either way, and the fact that he is responding so well is the best news ever!!

Great news. Keep it going Smokey.
    Melanie

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    You guys are scaring me. Our son has signed a lease along with 5 other guys on a house off campus starting in August for the next 2 years. So not looking forward to having to move just the bit of stuff like his bed, desk, etc down there. And just know in 2 years we get to bring it all back and probably move it again when he decides where he'll be doing his graduate studies. I thought it was suppose to get easier as they get older. At least if our daughter goes overseas next fall, all we have to do is ship everything!

Good luck Smokey!!!
    Maybe you won't have to Willie! Most student accomodation in these parts (Ireland, UK, Western Europe) comes furnished, whether its provided by the college or independent landlords. I know we have to supply beds, tables and chairs, storage units, sofas..... pretty much everything in the house we rent out. The students just supply stuff like bed linen and maybe a few cushions or pictures which are available to buy locally at a far cheaper price than shipping would cost!

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear of your pet woes. I hope you'll find another one soon.

Lou! Glad that Maisie is settling in so well.

Carla, thats wonderful news about Smokey. I hope she continues to do as well and that she is back to her full health soon.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Maybe you won't have to Willie! Most student accomodation in these parts (Ireland, UK, Western Europe) comes furnished, whether its provided by the college or independent landlords. I know we have to supply beds, tables and chairs, storage units, sofas..... pretty much everything in the house we rent out. The students just supply stuff like bed linen and maybe a few cushions or pictures which are available to buy locally at a far cheaper price than shipping would cost!
    We've been told this is true, including the bed linens with a laundry service. Very cool!! But the cost of shipping her wardrobe alone should set us back a couple weeks salary.

On this same conversation--kinda. We've been kinda worried about our insurance-will she be covered? Will we have to change the policy? Etc... We found out a couple weeks ago that with the student visa tier that she will apply for, she will be eligible for the free national healthcare. WOW---what a relief that is! It still amazes me how Europe can do that and we here in the US still have to sell a vital organ and our first born to get any kind of healthcare insurance.

Now on to trying to figure out a phone service that we won't have to pay per international text for the "texting queen". I want to stick with Verizon but not sure what to do. We are eligible this week for upgrades on all 5 of our phones but what next. Plenty of research to do on this I guess.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Willie, have you looked into Skype?
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

I was going to suggest the same as Carole. I know one of my friend's uses Skype from the UK to Australia to speak with her parents.
    Melanie

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yeah-the new phones will have skype. I just worry about her texting--she's the master texter and I wish there was a plan for that so she can stay in contact with all her friends who may not have skype.
    He sings it high, he plays it low