Page 203 of 300 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Here's hoping for a positive outcome Austin and that your leg isn't too bad over the next 2 weeks until you have the results.
    Melanie

Thanks everyone! I'm a little concerned about the fact the doctor (who also teaches at the Peoria branch of the University Of Chicago Medical School) had no clue of what it could be. He acted puzzled and clueless. He's basically treating the symptoms until the biopsy can determine what it is.

He said he is relying on the microscope slides to determine the cellular structure and also see what's going on. He does not think it's an infection or anything like that. Once we find out the specific condition, they can treat it a little more "focused" instead of just trying to treat everything under the sun and treat it by the symptoms as they are doing in the mean time for relief.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Austin, I'm glad there's at least some action! Hope they manage to pin a diagnosis on it and give you an effective treatment. Keep us up to date with whether the prescription cream is helping in the meantime too.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well Austin, I hope you were able to get some sleep last night with the new meds. Sorry you have to wait 2 whole weeks to find out what it is. Keep us posted. Good luck!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    they can treat it a little more "focused" instead of just trying to treat everything under the sun and treat it by the symptoms as they are doing in the mean time for relief.
    There's a LOT to be said for RELIEF! It is sounding to me like you need "House". I do hope they can nail whatever it is.

MikeA

Hi everybody!!! It's been quite some time since i've logged on here. I've missed you all. Wow!! I've missed out on so much here. Lots to catch up on. I realize that I've been gone for a long time but I've had lots to deal with and take care of over the past few months and most of it hasn't been all that great. Honestly I just didn't feel up to doing much other than going to work and visiting my family back home. I believe the last time I checked in I told you all that my parents had split up. Well, they are still separated and that situation hasn't gotten any better. So much stuff was revealed and I'll admit that I didn't handle everything as well as I thought I could. Without saying too much I'll just say that my relationship with my dad has been forever changed. At one point my parents did get back together but it didn't even last a week before he left again and it was heartache all over again for my mom. It was incredibly hard to see my mom so broken and upset but she is doing so much better now. I've never seen her more focused. She's become so healthy and strong in both mind and body. She's come so far over the past 3 months and I admire her strength so much. I do think that divorce is in the future for my parents but I don't know exactly when that's gonna happen. It's only been 3 months since this all this happened but it seems like it's been more than a year. I've kinda gotten used to only seeing my mom but I do have moments of missing my dad and the way we used to be. But it's my old dad that I miss not the person he is now. I sometimes want to call him just to say hi and see how he's doing but I start to think about all that has happened and I just can't bring myself to call him. It's just gonna take some time before I'm ready to talk to him.

With all this hurt and heartache, one of the good things to come from this is that my brother and I are closer than ever before. We've been able to lean on each other through this and I love and appreciate how much Will has been there for our mom especially when I have to leave to go back to work. He's been so helpful and I think that he and mom are even closer too. Will and dad never had as close a relationship as I did with dad so all of this hasn't been as hard for him as it has for me but I'm glad to have him back around us again. Will didn't really come around much when mom and dad were together so it's been great to have my big brother back in my life.

Through all of this bad that has occurred over the past few months we've had some good news happen as well. We found out that Will and my SIL, Valerie, are gonna have another girl. Valerie is due at the end of July. Just a few more months to go. We're all so excited, especially Natalie. Nat is incredibly excited to be a big sister. They've been trying to decide on baby names and they seem to be leaning towards naming her Riley Kay. I really like that name. I'll be honest, I was hoping that they would be having a boy so that he could carry on our last name but I am more than thrilled to be having another niece. This baby has already given us a lot of joy and it gives us something positive and happy to look forward to in the coming months.

I have to work the next four days but I am gonna try to get caught up on all of the new info and pics here on The Border. I'll try to respond and comment on the things I've missed. I especially look forward to checking out the photo threads. I'm assuming there's plenty of HS&G pics to look at.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

It'll heal in time Jess...but it sounds like there is a lot of animosity exacerbating the trying time. I sure hope that it works out that you can patch up your own relationship with your Dad. From a "male perspective" I know that it would be devastating for me to lose out on the closeness my own daughter and I have.

Today, 34 years ago, my wonderful bride and I were married. Shoot, I didn't even thing I'd be alive 34 years after we were married. I knew without a doubt that if SHE didn't get tired of having me around, a crash on some mountain road while trying to take a 20mph twisty at 105 mph with my knee dragging the pavement would have done the trick! And believe me, both scenarios came VERY close to playing out!

We are getting away for the weekend....This one is definitely Verna's weekend both for our Anniversary AND for Mother's Day.

And Happy Mother's Day to each of you who either ARE Mothers or who Want to be! It is Happiness I wish to each of you.

MikeA

Congratulations, Mike & Verna!!

34 years together and still in love is a fantastic achievement and inspirational. Hope you have a wonderful weekend away.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congrats to you and Verna, Mike! That's wonderful and I hope you all have a great weekend!

Peek, it's great to hear from you! I'm sorry about your parents, but it's great you and your brother are getting closer. Congrats to them on having a new baby girl. I'm sure that really helps all of you to focus on happy times.

And Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's! Have a great weekend!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Congratulations Mike & Verna!!!

Peek, nice to hear from you!Congrats to the new baby girl in the family.Hope you finds a solution to manage all problems , particularly what concerns the difficult relationship with your dad.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)