Page 272 of 300 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Get better soon, MF!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

thank you

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Feel better soon MF!

Im having a roller coaster moment in my life right now. I didnt post anything about it on FB because there are a lot of family members there who need to hear directly from us before they read it on FB, but since they arent here, maybe I can vent a little here *G*
    My Mom is having surgery tomorrow. She's having a small part of her lower intestine removed. She has a tumor that's blocking her digestive track. They arent sure how long she's had it but it could be as long as 12 years! It's just recently its grown enough to be an issue. The doctor said because of where it is and the way it's growing etc, he thinks it could be cancer. She's survived breast cancer twice so she's a fighter! but she's also nearly 80! Any prayers or thoughts in her direction would be much appreciated. That's definitely a BIG up on my roller coaster ride, the biggest I guess. My candy business is going pretty well thanks to some great people here and on FB. I've been making truffles, toffee and fudge and shipping it out as quick as I can! I have to say, its not only a really big help financially, I love doing it! Our Christmas Bazaar sales are going well and we can now take credit cards which is great!
    Now for the freakish cork screw section of my personal roller coaster. I dont know how many of ya'll believe in paranormal stuff, ghosts, spirits, energies, what ever... but I had a VERY strange experience yesterday. Sarah and I were in the kitchen. I have a Dr.'s stool I use there (to save my back and knees when Im cooking) She'd just gotten home from school and I was by the sink in the kitchen. Sarah was in front of me. She had a book in her hand and was reading to me, I was doing dishes. Now, keep in mind here, I checked right after this happened and the dog was out side, the cats were asleep in the bed rooms, down the hall at the other end of the house. A pencil sharpener, the kind that suctions to the table top and has a crank handle, flew off the table and across the room and hit the cabinet behind me! It didnt fall, it flew a good 4 feet!! and hit hard enough to come apart! If it'd just been me, I might have excused it as being, I dunno, a hallucination, but Sarah and I both saw it, and I picked it up and cleaned up the pencil shavings! I am not quite sure what to think about this, but I cant deny it.
    SO.. between the great work, the horrible news from my Mom and the weirdness happening here... Im a little unnerved

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ticky, I'm sorry about your Mom and will keep her and you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, it will turn out benign.

Congrats on you cooking business going so well, but I bet you are really busy.

As for the pencil sharpener episode, I'd have been outta there, lickety splitly! Very strange for sure!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Ticky, I will keep your Mom and all of you in my thoughts and prayers, definitely.

As for the candy, I'm so glad that's going well for you. As HH said, you gain weight just looking at them!

OK, the pencil sharpener...it was probably just the suction giving way. However, a rational explanation as to why it moved doesn't excuse the way and velocity with which it moved! I'd give it to Goodwill or take it to the landfill and use pens.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Ticky, I'm sorry to hear that about your Mom she and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Rhonda, you know I love your mom like she was my own mother and I have been and will keep praying and sending positive vibes towards her and all of you and be waiting anxiously to hear the news. I wish I could be there with all of you and I hope you know if you need anything I will be there as fast as the my little ol' Honda can carry me...

Big hugs to you, Rhonda. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I'll be thinking of your mum. Please keep us updated and, if you need anything, I'm here!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Thinking of you and your mom today Ticky.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh Ticky!!! I'm so very sorry to hear this and I hope everything works out ok. Hopefully it will be removed with no complications and you will get good news that it's not the C word. Please keep us informed and know my thoughts are also with you throughout this.

As for your pencil sharpener.... I totally believe!!! This old house of ours has had more than it's fair share of weird things that go on. How old is your house? I believe old houses have all kinds of strange history to them and some times it spills over. KWIM? Our "ghost" have always been friendly and we've never had any hurtful things happen. Mainly in Katie's room and usually to do with electronics (can't begin to tell you how much brand new things have just quit working in her room). A couple quick stories---Katie is the neatest person and her room is always imaculate and closed to critters. She came home from school one afternoon and came downstairs and asked who'd been in her room. No one. I was home alone. Her remotes tv, dvd, cable) were all laying in the middle of her bed, opened up with the batteries scattered around them and a shopping bag she had in her closet that was full of other shopping bags, were scattered all across her room like someone had thrown them around it.

Another time, middle of the night, everyone in bed....I heard the tv in the living room come on. I got up to turn it off and just as I was about to hit the button, it went off again. As I climbed back into bed, it happened again, and 2 more times. The last time I jumped out of bed, ran to the living room screaming "stop it!" and hit the button to shut it off. LOL It never happened again and the tv lasted us another half dozen years and a friend has it now and it's never done that again. Some probably think were nuts but ask any of our nieces that have spent nights here alone or with our kids etc.... They will tell you strange stuff happens.

I'm trying to stay positive about tomorrow but know things are certainly going to be different. It will be nice to have my brother's family and all of us together again. We are all meeting at my Mom's for the kids to go through the stuff we have boxed up and get whatever they want and then we are going to go to one of our parents favorite restaraunts for dinner. Next year we will start a whole new tradition, just not sure what that will be yet.

I also have my 2 best friends, Amy who lost her father the week before my mother's passing and Barb who lost her mother the week before that, on my mind today as they approach their first holiday without their loved ones.
    He sings it high, he plays it low