Page 1 of 300 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default What's Happening In Your Life?

I exercised my rarely used moderator powers to close the previous thread due to its length. So let's carry on here.

I don't actually post here often because I lead a very quiet life but at the moment we're going through the process of finding out which high school my daughter will attend from next year.

OK... off you go!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Hope your eyes are doing better now, Nancy. Well I got the CPAP and the first night went OK. BUT last night was terrible, don't know what I did wrong but I didn't sleep worth a darn. If tonight doesn't go better I will give them a call and see if they can tell me what the problem is. The up side is when I wake up in the morning my allergies don't have my nose all stopped up.
    AZ- It will take some time to get fully used to sleeping with your Cpap. It may just be your mask isnt fitting well and it's leaking or, if you use oxygen or have a humidifier, it may need adjustment. Give it some time, you'll get it soon enough

AZ, I hope that you as fast as possible accustoming with your Cpap to sleep!
    FP, I hope you find the right school for your daughter, this is always a difficult decision.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan
    Hope your eyes are doing better now, Nancy.
    Thanks - they are! I might even be able to put in a contact lens today!

Well I got the CPAP and the first night went OK. BUT last night was terrible, don't know what I did wrong but I didn't sleep worth a darn. If tonight doesn't go better I will give them a call and see if they can tell me what the problem is. The up side is when I wake up in the morning my allergies don't have my nose all stopped up.
    Awful! I hope you're able to sleep better soon.

FP - good luck finding the right high school for Rosalind! I can't believe she's old enough to worry about that already!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hope your eyes are doing better now, Nancy. Well I got the CPAP and the first night went OK. BUT last night was terrible, don't know what I did wrong but I didn't sleep worth a darn. If tonight doesn't go better I will give them a call and see if they can tell me what the problem is. The up side is when I wake up in the morning my allergies don't have my nose all stopped up.
    It took me a few days and a different mask when I was first using my CPAP. Definitely go back to the company you got the CPAP from and talk to them. I know mine allowed me to change masks at first free of charge so that I could find the kind that worked best for me (nasal pillow as opposed to the more common over the nose cup style). And like you, one of the best "side effects" of my CPAP has been a clear head in the mornings.

Sounds like these CPAPs aren't as bad as some make them out to be, as long as you can find the right one for you. Hope you can AZ.

Soda, be careful with that lens!

FP, I know you contributed just for the sake of closing the other thread, but I appreciate hearing about your life. It makes me feel like I know you a little better. How old is Rosiland now?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Apologies to everyone who wanted to continue the previous discussion and got confused by the thread being closed because it certainly was not my intention to stop the discussion (so thanks for continuing it).

PM, Rosalind is 11, 12 in October. We are hoping that she will get into a selective school (i.e. where the kids are chosen based on high academic achievement). The alternative is the local high school. We tried applying to a couple of other schools in nearby suburbs but they are obliged to take students from their local catchment areas and they didn't have room for her.

She goes on her second school camp next week to Bathurst, in the old gold mining area of the state.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well good luck Julie! I hope you find the school you want for Rosalind and that she is happy there. We have Laura's secondary school organised since October, though she won't be going until 2013. But if you don't apply now they run out of places. Its a private girls only school and smaller than the local community college which is huge melting pot.

Nancy, hope the eye is feeling better now. That infection sounded very nasty.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Good to see you 'in charge', Julie! Best of luck with getting Rosalind into a selective school. Please let us know how the applications go.

Nancy, I am so relieved that your eye is better. I was a little worried when you first mentioned it!

I did my first bank shift yesterday (after generally procrastinating and complaining about having to get back to 'real life' for a couple of weeks!) It went well, and it was helped by the fact that one of the service users has moved out. I feel awful about it in a way, but although I will really miss him, it was definitely for the best. Our home wasn't the right place for him - we weren't equipped to deal with his complex behaviours. He deserved more, and the staff and the other service users did too. There were a lot of issues with me in particular, which made me feel very awkward and really made me dread shifts. Monday felt like a breeze compared to the last few months! Anyway, I have booked in for a few more bank shifts over the next couple of weeks, which will keep the money coming in. I am also applying to schools in the local area in the hope that I can get a job as a learning support assistant before I start my teacher training course next year. (That's the plan anyway.) There is a little primary school quite near me, which I kind of have my heart set on! It's a rural village school, beautiful Victorian buildings, small class sizes... Fingers crossed.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

It sounds lovely Troub. Hope you get your wish!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.