Page 136 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

You're not going to believe this, but just as I started catching up with this thread, "Hotel California" started playing on the radio. I kid you not. And they hardly ever play any other "decent" music.

Anyway, thank you for the encouragement regarding my gig and my fitness, ladies. I do appreciate it very much. I went running with my friend again last evening, but when it came down to the leg raises, I bailed after 1 set of 10 and another 2. I about died with the pain. I can't believe I've managed to neglect my stomach so much. It's not as though I'm fat, and I'm not totally unfit, but somewhere along the line my stomach just missed the fitness boat. Good grief. I was too pooped to do any weight training, but I'll do everything I should tomorrow evening. Tonight is another band practice, which I'm looking forward to.

Lou, all the best with finding a pet cat. If it feels right, go for it! I too love animals, but since I now live in a flat, it's not possible to keep one. It was difficult for me when I lost my dog, Lobo, back in September 2003, just 3 days before my birthday. He was 16 years and 9 months old, and a light in our lives.

To those of you trying to exercise and lose weight, keep going! Koala, don't give up, girl, your efforts will eventually bear fruit!

Jess, nevermind the work - relax! And your birthday card is beautiful!

Brooke, I'm glad your cats are not tearing each other apart, ha ha. Don't worry, they'll be fine.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    I look at all the fatties at work chowing down donuts and saying they want to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    MF, I'm glad that you've got another gig coming up. The joy you have for performing is so amazing. Makes me smile knowing how happy that makes you.

Jess, that is so sweet. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve
    I look at all the fatties at work chowing down donuts and saying they want to lose weight.
    I'm sure they DO want to lose weight! Lol! They just haven't got to the point where they're willing to do something about it. We've all been there. It's probably like trying to quit smoking, although I've never smoked.

Peek, your birthday note from Natalie is so sweet. She obviously loves you very much. Oh, and don't beat yourself up for not volunteering at work. You're a good employee and they can clearly see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Pm, I took your advice today since I was snowed in at home. We let the cats be together and they just stared at each other for a while. Fishy would growl a bit but Beyonce would just turn her head and look the other way. I think they will be fine in a day or so. Thanks for the encouragement to do that. We were a bit perplexed.
    Glad to help, Brooke. They have a way of working it out on their own. It's funny, I have had cats that are cool with each other until they come back from being at the kennel in separate cages. As soon as they get home they growl and hiss at each other for a few hours. It must be that they smell different!

Today is my day off. Yesterday I was scheduled to work 9-6, but I got an early morning call that we would not be opening until noon. Then when I got there at noon I was told we were closing at 4! Hubby is back to work today after having to take 2 snow days. (His commute is much longer than mine.) So I have the day all to myself! What to do? Read, watch a movie? Ahhh, decisions, decisions!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hope everyone survived the Blizzard of 2011! We were all off work and school yesterday so just puttered around the house and spent some valuable time with Keith Richards (his book anyways). It was fun. Haven't had a good ol' fashion snow day with me and hubby also being off since forever. I guess Dillon didn't have classes at IU Bloomington either for 2 days.

Lou--gotta tell you, I am SOOOOO excited about the possible new addition to your household. Cannot wait to see pictures when you get the new companion.

Brooke- glad you were able to take Cathy's advice and bring the 2 cats together. I know we have that every time we introduce a new animal into the commune here but after awhile we are all able to cohabitate. The funniest one was when Rufus was brought in. The cats pretty much ignored him, Pickles loved him but Rufus was afraid of cats. If he started into a room and saw a cat, he wouldn't go in or turn around and leave. He'd literally back out of the room, keeping an eye on the cat to make sure it didn't follow him. He's learned to ignore them now.

Have most of hubby's family coming in from across the country this weekend. After MIL's home visit didn't go well a few weeks ago, we had a meeting with the nursing home and were told that if she went home, she'd need 24 hour care. She thought about it but has decided to stay in the nursing home instead. She wants us to clear out the house now and get it on the market. She has everything in writing of what goes to who, etc and so we decided a couple weeks ago that this weekend we'd get everything distributed and get as much packed up as we can. As we made phone calls to all the grandkids, they all decided they wanted to be here to help also. They all start arriving tomorrow. It will be nice to have everyone home but the circumstances are not pleasant ones but, let's face it, they could be worse. It will be nice to have Dillon home this weekend. Just hope they have all this snow taken care of so everyone has safe trips in and back home Sunday and Monday.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hope it goes well Willie. At least she has made a list. That should help alot.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey View Post

What I really want to say to them is; "Do you really think you should eat that?" But I guess some would consider it unkind.

I have a friend I take clothing shopping with me and who is also always invited to the CABI clothing parties to help pick out clothes for people. I put on an outfit one time when we were on a cruise at one of the ports. I came out of the dressing room and she said; "Take it off." I'm like, "but, but it's cute!" She said, "Take it off NOW."

I especially loved the "You have the boobs for that but not the stomach, unless you wear some Spanx." So I got the Spanx. I had so much lycra on me you could flip a quarter off my butt, but my stomach looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    What I really want to say to them is; "Do you really think you should eat that?" But I guess some would consider it unkind.
    Trust me if they are overweight they know they shouldn't be eating that already and don't need anyone to remind them or offer them "helpful" adivce. They probably spend 24 hours a day berating themselves already. Its always easy to be sure how someone else ought to be living their life when what we need to be concerned with is how we are living our own (something I try to remind myself of frequently).

Even "I" who have never had to worry about overweight issues (quite the opposite...I'd love to GAIN about 40 pounds!) knows that it is perfectly fine to eat as much Pizza as you wish as long as you have a diet coke with it and if that is not available, you can eat a salad and make it okay. I'm sure that can be applied to doughnuts.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Trust me if they are overweight they know they shouldn't be eating that already and don't need anyone to remind them or offer them "helpful" adivce. They probably spend 24 hours a day berating themselves already. Its always easy to be sure how someone else ought to be living their life when what we need to be concerned with is how we are living our own (something I try to remind myself of frequently).
    Amen my sister!!! And being overweight doesn't always mean you are unhealthy. Anyone who knows me personally, or FB or whatever knows I'm not skinny BUT my doctor will be one of the first to tell you, I am very healthy, no problems at all, especially for the age of 47. My cholesterol is very low, and all my #s are very good. We have a wellness physical every year and in fact my cholesterol even dropped another 40 points this year. I admit I LOVE food. It's my 1 bad vice, I don't smoke, I don't drink but I do eat. I do love fruits and veggies and, unfortunately, fried food. I drink tons of water every day. Don't know if it's just in my genes or what.

Would I like to lose 40 lbs?--damn straight I would. About 15 years ago I went on a diet (why this one was suppose to be any different from the other 100 I've tried over the years, I don't know) and got skinnier than I ever had. Was eating healthy, exercising, etc.... Kept all that weight off for almost 5 years then one holiday I blew it and started gaining it all back. Told myself I will never diet again. I think the roller coaster diets is worse than being overweight. I've been fine with that decision and am a lot happier now than when I was continuously stressing out about losing weight all the time. I dress very stylish and neat and you will never see me without my makeup and hair done. Just because you're heavy does not mean you have to be sloppy (that upsets me when anyone looks sloppy) and I will always present myself well.

I'm also very lucky I have a very supportive, loving husband who has been with me through the thick and the thin (literally) and has never once criticized me about my weight.

I sometimes want to ask people who feel the need to belittle or make fun of someone who is overweight, whether it be slightly or a lot, if they drink or smoke which is just as unhealthy or sometimes more so than being overweight. It must be nice to be so perfect that you can make fun of someone that isn't.

And to think, I told myself this morning, "I'm not even going to reply to this topic". Stepping down now.....
    He sings it high, he plays it low