Page 104 of 300 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts and prayers. We brought Smokey home last night, and he is so active, you would never know how sick the little guy is! Thank God for that-he doesn't seem in pain and just wants to be near us.
    On Wednesday we will meet with the oncologist to talk about treatment options.
    Please continue to pray. Thanks so much!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFanatic View Post
    I'm praying for Smokey. I hope everything will turn out okay.
    Well, I'm off to Israel today! I will see you all on the 30th. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Have a wonderful trip!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFanatic View Post
    I'm praying for Smokey. I hope everything will turn out okay.
    Well, I'm off to Israel today! I will see you all on the 30th. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
    Have a wonderful holiday in Israel - can't wait to hear all about it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

EF, I'm so glad you're able to go on your trip! Take it easy, have fun and tell us all about it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Have a wonderful time in Israel, EF!

EF,have a wonderful time in Israel!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

I just got back from my doctor appointment for my eyes... They ran every test and machine in the building on me. The Dr. came to the conlusion that all of the critical parts of the eyes are intact, but can't do a special test that he believes should be done. He did every test on the eyes but this one (ERG), small facilities can't do it because it's an expensive machine and requires a lot of training.

So basically I have to go to Chicago or St. Louis to see the best one in the state and one of the best ones in the world. I'm preferring St. Louis because it's closer but it may end up being Chicago. The tests checks the "rods and cones" of the eyes, something he cannot check for and needs to rule out before saying "nothing's wrong, it's just general nearsightedness with age". He doesn't think it is in the brain so we are looking at worst case scenario, some eye surgery.

That's the scoop. I should know next week sometime where I'm going and when and will update everyone on that as soon as I know. I'm not as worried, but I will still be nervous until the last test is done and I get a clean test.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

It soulds like some of it is good news until the other tests are run and then it may be good news also. Hope that is the case. You are so young that I really pray that they can so something to permanently fix the trouble with your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    It soulds like some of it is good news until the other tests are run and then it may be good news also. Hope that is the case. You are so young that I really pray that they can so something to permanently fix the trouble with your eyes.
    Thanks. I'll be nervous until the electroretinogram is done.

Dude, I'm jumpin' up and down for you! I know it isn't all over yet, but so far it is sounding wonderful!

Sad note here. We lost my Aunt today. She was the last surviving relative of my father's generation on his side of the family. She was his brother's wife.

On the other side of the family, my Mother's youngest sister just underwent a double valve replacement in her heart. She was in very poor health before she went under the knife and is not recovering. Her kidneys are failing and so is her liver. She has a bleeding ulcer and a malfunctioning gall bladder. There is nothing they can do with the gall bladder until she recovers from the heart surgery. The doctor asked my Uncle today if all of her family knew her desperate condition and did they live close to Little Rock. I sure doesn't sound good.

Really worried about my Mother's other sister. She is in really bad health also and this is going to be really hard on her. Hard on my Mother too, but my Mother is a picture of health for someone 87 years old and has been through so much recently that she is just rock solid. But all of this coming so close on the heels of losing my brother earlier this year....lots of concern here!

MikeA