Page 13 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Welcome to the world Felix and Elliot!

Troub, you mentioned a two hour drive to the hospital - does your cousin live that far from you?
    Yes, unfortunately! I'd love to be able to see the babies all the time - but I'll just have to organise long weekends down in Devon, by the coast. I'm sure it won't be too much of a hardship.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Lou, congrats on the new additions to your family. Glad that everything went well with the delivery. Lovely pics too. The babies look so precious.

GA, those pics are great!! So cool that you are taking a photography class. Also, your uncle is in my prayers. I hope that things will get better for him.

It's rare that I have a Saturday off but thanks to the Eagles I have this coming Saturday off from work. I originally requested the 26th off over a month ago because, at the time, I was planning to go the Dallas concert. I even told my boss that that's where I was going but things changed and now i'll be spending the day at a pool party and cookout with my family. I'm so excited!! Although I would love to be at the concert that day, I'm ready to do some swimming, get some sun, and spend some time with my family. We'll also be celebrating my cousin Francene's 26th birthday. She's been doing really well. She goes in for more blood tests this week so hopefully everything will still be showing positive signs. Francene only has to do these tests once a month now so that's some good news right there because she hates needles. She's had a fear of needles for as long as I can remember. She still hates getting it done but she's been able to tolerate them more since she was first diagnosed last October. Besides the fear of needles she's doing good and our family continues to be there for her.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Peek, I'm glad to hear Francene is doing well. Have fun at your family gathering.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Lou, Felix and Elliot are really sweet babies!

Jess, glad to hear that Francene is doing well! Have fun with your family!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Rain, rain, go away.....

No sooner did most of this area get power back on and things cleaned up from the storm last Friday night, we had another major one last night. This time the storms spawned tornado warnings & sightings in 7 area counties. We didn't have any trees come down this time and still have power unlike about 11,000 in the area once again.

Larry left for work at his usual time (4am) this morning, drove the 45 miles only to find that a tornado had hit that area last night and that 2 of the plants where he works had been hit. One building (the one he's in) had the roof literally picked up, turned around and sat back down and a wall collapsed in. Don't know what the plans are or how long he may be out of work. They sent everyone home this morning till they access the damage and then they will go from there. Just as they had gotten a new contract and started hiring new employees again. Geesh!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

TBF, oh man! I'm glad Larry wasn't at work at the time! Hopefully it won't take long to get things straightened up and everyone back to work. When it rains it pours, huh?!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

TQ and Lou, both of you get a big "AW" for those adorable photos!

GA, your uncle is in my prayers.

Peek, glad to hear Francene is better and that you got to chill for once.

Williie - hope they can get that mess cleaned up ASAP!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Willie - wow! I really hope they can get it fixed soon and that Larry and the company don't suffer for long.

Jess, I'm really pleased that Francene is doing well. I only met her relatively briefly, but she was so lovely and I know she is handling this with grace and positivity. Hope she continues to do as well as she is doing right now! Have a wonderful time celebrating her birthday.

Unfortunately I didn't get the job at the school I liked. That's the way it goes! I'm keeping my eyes peeled, and doing quite a few bank shifts in the meantime.

We've just had a phone call from my aunt. Kate and the babies have been taken back into hospital because Felix went a very funny colour when they got him home - yellowish, blue around the mouth - and his eyes started to roll. They called the ambulance straight away and he is now wired up in hospital, on antibiotics, and they're doing tests. They think it may be because of his blood sugars, but they're not sure yet. Kate and Elliot have got to stay there for another 48 hours. He looked so well and healthy yesterday, and I am sure he will be okay... but I will admit I am close to tears. It's worrying.

I guess I am just asking for your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you updated.

Oh No! I hope everything turns out great for the babies Lou and I will pray for them