Page 169 of 300 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Safe trip Mike!

I have to give my husband props. He came home from work yesterday not feeling well (the beginnings of a cold) yet stayed at work the whole day, and today he is painting the kitchen! For those of you familiar with The Odd Couple, he is the Felix to my Oscar, which sounds wonderful, ladies but can sometimes be a drag.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Hehe I loved the Odd Couple!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

I am so sorry, Mike. After getting Maisie, I can already understand the real connection that we build with our pets... I'll be thinking of you.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Mike, so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty. My hubby and I have had cats since we've been married, and have lost several over the years. It is never easy to lose a beloved pet. My condolences to you and Verna.

Made it home. Flight was actually early. I think everyone was heading OUT to Vegas today for the big NASCAR RACE tomorrow. We made record time by taking 15 South rather than taking our "secret backroads". There was absolutely no congestion on the freeway and turning in the car barely more than a stop and drop.

I still haven't been able to sit in my recliner. May be a while. Just won't be the same without that cat wiggling his way between my legs or head-bumping me.

On the way back, on the plane, Verna and I talked about getting another cat real soon. AND I think we are going to get a dog too. We'll have to get them both from a litter or at least really young so we can bring them up together. It is really difficult to introduce two animals when one has established domain rights in a home. When we got Chuck, we didn't see him for several days. Finally we had to put up a "child-gate" in our bedroom so Chuck could at least relax under the bet....away from Buckwheat! The problem was that Chuck ran from Buckwheat and that was a trigger for the dog and instinct took over. But she wouldn't jump over that baby gate even though she easily could have. She knew it was a "don't go no further" when that gate was up.

I'm thinking a small dog this time. I'll have to mount chicken wire on the lower part of our wrought-iron fence to keep the puppy in the yard, but that's not a big deal.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I have to give my husband props. He came home from work yesterday not feeling well (the beginnings of a cold) yet stayed at work the whole day, and today he is painting the kitchen! For those of you familiar with The Odd Couple, he is the Felix to my Oscar, which sounds wonderful, ladies but can sometimes be a drag.
    Good for him! He's got his priorities straight.

And Mike - I have found getting a new pet to be very therapeutic after the loss of one.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Mike i'm really sorry to hear about Chuck, I know it's such a hard thing to lose a much loved pet.....I've lost many over the years

...but on a lighter note, if you and Verna feel ready to get another kitty I think getting a puppy at the same time is a brilliant idea!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Sorry to hear about Chuck Mike. But here's to a new kitty and puppy too.
    Melanie

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Just now seeing this----Mike, I'm also very sorry for your loss. Been there, done that many times over and it's never easy! How old was Chuck? Take comfort in the fact it sounds as he didn't suffer and died peacefully in his sleep. Good luck to you both if you do decide to proceed with getting a couple new family members.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Chuck was young for a cat Willie. Somewhere around 7 or 8 years old.

MikeA