Page 197 of 300 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I know - it just seems like it never ends... I can't get into the new doctor for another couple of weeks.
    Austin, hang in there. Have you checked within your area for a support group? Your local hospital or clinic probably offers a variety of support groups for patients going thru a multitude of things. Pain management clinics do this a lot. Ask your doctor.

My niece has RSD, reflex sympathetic dystrophy. It's a chronic condition that causes her nerve endings to not process pain signals correctly. She's in a tremendous amount of pain (in her feet) daily. She often gets down in the dumps about her situation. It happens. Connecting with a support group has been a godsend for her.

Good luck to you.

And congratulations and good luck to both Koala and Troub! Good news!
    [

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Austin, we don't want to hear you say things like that. I know things like this can be frustrating, but hang in there. Hopefully, the doctors will figure out something to help you. And you know what they say, when life gets tough, the tough get going! You can do it! Play those guitars and try to not think about it.
    I know. But it just really tests my strength. With my health constantly in bad shape I really can't imagine living my whole life like this and it seems there is no light at the end of the tunnel for me so to speak or any hope for improvement. If it's not one thing it's another. And it comes in clusters and gets you when you are at your lowest.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    Austin, don't say such a thing!It must be hard for you! Hope everything will good for you!
    Thanks It just gets so depressing at times.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Austin, hang in there. Have you checked within your area for a support group? Your local hospital or clinic probably offers a variety of support groups for patients going thru a multitude of things. Pain management clinics do this a lot. Ask your doctor.

My niece has RSD, reflex sympathetic dystrophy. It's a chronic condition that causes her nerve endings to not process pain signals correctly. She's in a tremendous amount of pain (in her feet) daily. She often gets down in the dumps about her situation. It happens. Connecting with a support group has been a godsend for her.

Good luck to you.
    Thanks for the support. Sorry to hear about your niece. I've struggled with health problems since birth... It's just like I was meant to suffer. I try to do my best but it really tests my strength and willpower sometimes to the point where I get profoundly depressed. It doesn't help that my band is no more - that was one of the things that kept me going. Also losing my dog last September. That crushed me. I have a new dog but he's very aloof and antisocial but has tons of energy and is fun to play with. My old dog was a lapdog and a very affectionate one at that and was with me 24/7. When he died a part of me went with him. I lost the two biggest things that kept me going. I hate to say this but at times I feel like I stick around for family and friends. I miss my Eagles tribute - we played together and did a lot of shows. I started that band when I was almost 20. I'll be 23 in September. My dying wish is to meet Joe (Walsh) and play one song with him on guitar. Hopefully I still have a few years left though. But I hope to meet him one day.

Stuck on the Border

I need something to distract me. It's a vicious cycle. Once I don't have anything to do I start thinking about things and it starts the domino effect. One negative/bad/sad thought leads to another and before I know it I'm so depressed I'm in bad shape.... I just have to keep myself busy. But also when I'm depressed I lose the drive to do anything and lose interest... But I'm going to make myself get up in a little bit and go play guitar and then maybe watch a movie afterwards. But I really feel like laying down in bed and just shutting myself out from the outside world but that will only make it worse. I'm already listening to sad/slow/depressing music. Take It To The Limit just started playing. Although it's not as depressing as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by tequila girl View Post
    Hehehe I was going to ask who would be getting up at 6am (here in UK) to watch......but didn't, as I didn't think it was relevent to you lot over there!
    It's all over the news and television here--we Americans are fascinated by the Royals The wedding coverage starts at 1 am here in Oregon and I will be parked in front of the TV in my cozy jammies with a cup of tea and a few biscuits ready for an all night wedding marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    It's all over the news and television here--we Americans are fascinated by the Royals The wedding coverage starts at 1 am here in Oregon and I will be parked in front of the TV in my cozy jammies with a cup of tea and a few biscuits ready for an all night wedding marathon.
    Good Grief WHY??? Now if it was a basketball game or something. But a Wedding?

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Good Grief WHY??? Now if it was a basketball game or something. But a Wedding?
    Well, I suppose most little girls imagine being a princess and here is a real-life commoner becoming one... what can I say? I guess it brings out the foofy feminine side of me (despite what some may believe, I do have one...)

And just so you know, if the Bears were playing a game in London and it was televised live in the middle of the night I would sit up and watch that too...

Personally, I'd as soon have prickly-heat as watch a wedding! And about the only thing that would get me out of bed for TV of any kind after 8:30 at night would be a Walsh performance and then, it's not a definite that I'd be awake even if I was up! That happened a year or so ago when Walsh was on either Letterman or Kimble. I managed to watch. Let down though. He played for the audience during commercials so they were cutting away about the time he started playing. He did his standard interview....you know the one....I've only been drunk once: For Thirty Years.

MikeA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Koala! Best of luck with your new posting. I know it can be very challenging but also very rewarding to be working so closely with someone with special educational needs. I hope it all works out for you.

Lou! I was delighted to hear you have some work experience lined up. I'm thrilled because I know you have wanted to start teaching for a while longer. I hope it works out well for you. And I hope your sister's ailment is just a minor one which can be sorted with the minimum discomfort or inconvenience.

Austin, I think your contribution to the board is tremendous. So Please don't think like that. Focus on the positive. Many people go through tough times, but it always gets better in the end. And medical science is well advanced. I'm sure they'll figure everything out for you. In the meantime Molly's suggestion of a support group (Molly.... you mean the Border ISN'T one) is a very good idea. You sound like a great musician and I'm sure you'll get a new band soon too.

Melanie. I hope your sister is doing much better now. I'm thinking of her. Enjoy the wedding tomorrow. I will!! Although I don't think I'll get up as early as 6am Carole!!

Dana, great to hear form you again. I really hope the job hunting pays off. Its difficult these days but keep persisting and I'm sure you'll be successful soon. Keep safe in those storms that I hear are ravaging Alabama at the moment.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP