Page 206 of 300 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Definitely open with a joke. Since guys aren't always comfortable with emotional displays, it's probably a good idea to close with one, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Maybe open with a funny story about him, then talk about how he has changed or what he has done in high school, your hopes for him over the next few years, and end with another funny moment about him now?
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Thanks you two, I'll keep that in mind

Thanks everyone! I go for the biopsy results Wednesday. They won't tell us over the phone and insist on an appointment.

EF - Good luck!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I guess thats standard practice. If results were bad they wouldn't be able to see the effect of that on a person using the phone, and it would seem v unfeeling. If they were good it wouldn't matter as much. So then we would be in a situation where only GOOD results were given over the phone! Meaning if you were refused over the phone you'd assume the worst. By calling you in its a more sensitive way for everyone.

Have you investigated the possibility of Coeliac any further?

EF Good luck with you speech ('wonder why the right words never come......?')
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Have you investigated the possibility of Coeliac any further?
    Yes, and I think that's what it is. From what I've read if it really is Dermatitis Herpetiformis (Celiac Rash) then the biopsy they did will show that. If it is DH, then I'll have to have the blood test for Celiac and the intestinal biopsy. I read what contains gluten, and pretty much my whole diet is based on Gluten! I've got a lot of the symptoms, and it could also explain some of my stomach pain that the docs could never figure out and pretty much ignored. It would also explain why I've been so darn tired lately and have 0 energy. I've also been pretty grouchy lately too, and that can go along with it.

I'll know more on Wednesday. I really am dreading and looking forward to the appointment at the same time. I'll be curious to see what they say.

As someone who restricts gluten (based on my doctor's advice -- apparently its one of those things we more mature women sometimes have trouble with as we age ) I can tell you its not exactly easy but because of the current awareness of celiac and gluten issues there are a lot of products out there that are gluten free or at least well labeled. You can get good gluten free baked products like cookies and crackers though I find most of the gluten free breads are horrible unless you bake your own or find a local bakery that makes them fresh. The stuff in the freezer case at the grocery store is expensive and disgusting, at least in my experience. It is a sacrifice and sometimes an annoyance but if you feel better it will be worth it

Good luck with this Austin -- I hope you get an answer to whatever this rash that has been plaguing you is and that you are on the path to healing soon!
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 05-13-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks!

Since I have been gone so long, I can't possibly address everything that is going on but all my thoughts going out to everyone will be positive ones.
    Some terrific news from me. My daughter and her 3 babies were in Pakistan for the last year and they have finally returned safely. They had been with her in-laws and my daughter's life was threatened. She was able to make contact with the American Embassy and they helped her escape with her children. It was an ordeal for all of them but they are now living with me. Their health has improved and they are doing well. I am so thankful to the men and women that made this possible, without their help the 4 of them would have died. Life's been good!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh RKA! I am so happy for you. There is nothing better than knowing your family and those close to you are safe. I'm sure this has been a terrible ordeal for your daughter and her children. I hope they have long happy healthy and safe lives from now on. I'm sure you are thrilled to have them home.

Austin. I know how you feel about Wednesday and I hope it goes well. I know how you feel when you eat gluten based foods. I often feel bloated with a sore tummy after eating high gluten products like white bread, and when I was little my moms pastry always made my tummy funny (Though I loved it at the time)

Well I definitely get the prize for 'Silly Billy of the day' . I was coming out of the petrol station earlier, looked over towards hubby's car where I was heading to..... and went right down on my right ankle. It was just where the drain lid and the tarmac met and the surface was a little uneven. It was so bad I couldn't even walk to the car and hubby had to get out to help me over. Anyway we went to the hospital and they x-rayed it. Luckily it is just a very bad sprain and I've to keep it up and put it on ice for 10 minutes every 5 hours. AND take a week off work . Not easy last few weeks of the term.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP