Page 213 of 300 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Melanie---it's done!! I will ALWAYS help with anything that has anything to do with animal shelters and rescues!!! My house (zoo) is living proof of that!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thank you Willie.
    Melanie

I think it would be a good idea to make a thread for when we want to ask everyone to help with charities and causes. This probably wasn't the most appropriate place for me to ask but I was desperate. I simply picked the thread that I thought lots of people would go to.

Thanks WF!

For those of you having trouble, just click on the leaderboard at the top of the chase voting page. WCV is currently in 3rd place and Norfolk Botanical Garden is in 5th. And please be sure your vote was counted. Thanks again!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'll 2nd that idea. Seeing as I followed you too. I'm sure others of us will have similar requests over time............. maybe.
    Melanie

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've had an interesting morning. My son is working with his Dad and uncles remodeling and building on to a house nearby. My husband called right after I got to work and said our son had collapsed at work and they had called the ambulance. He was carrying a ladder and twisted his ankle, then leaned up against a truck to collect himself and passed out and fell to the ground. The men ran over to him and got him up and before he could get sat down, his eyes rolled back, he stiffened up and he blacked out again. They got him awake after a few seconds and he was sweating and disoriented so they called the ambulance and me. When I got there he was being checked out by the paramedics and all his vitals were normal, but they recommended he go to the hospital for further tests just to make sure. So, I took him to the ER and they went through their tests plus an EKG and decided he was fine. They said that the pain of the sprained ankle (which is not bad at all) caused his heart rate to drop low enough for him to pass out, plus he was dehydrated (from a float trip over the weekend with a few too many beers!) and he would be fine. So scary, but all is fine!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Kids love to scare their parents don't they. Glad to hear he is okay though and hope he'll take it easy () for a bit.
    Melanie

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

So scary. Must have been a head rush for you, though, to get that phone call. Glad he's fine!

Yeah Brooke, I'm sure you were panicked to get that call. Glad everything seems to be okay now.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Glad your son is OK Brooke. Hope the ankle doesn't cause too many probems. Mine isn't too bad but I'd a lot of 'stop-start' driving today so its back on ice now!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'm so glad your son is okay now, Brooke. How frightening!

I've had a fantastic couple of weeks volunteering at a local primary school. I loved every minute of it and it has reaffirmed that teaching is what I want to do. The headteacher actually said to me that, if I can find a university place, she would love to have me do the GTP (Graduate Training Programme) starting this September! This basically means that I train "on the job". Getting paid to train is obviously a big bonus, rather than effectively taking a year out of employment to study (which I would have to do for the PGCE), and the confidence gained during the GTP would be huge as you're basically doing the job for the year. I'm not holding out too much hope for the university place as it's very late in the application cycle, but we shall see! I was just so thrilled and surprised that the headteacher said she would love to have me do the GTP course with them. It's nice to feel that I made a good impression during those two weeks, and a real confidence-booster to know that they think I am "teacher material"!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--