Page 262 of 300 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Sorry to hear that TimFan. Take care!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thanks for the words of support and sympathy everyone! I do appreciate it.

I'm sorry to hear this das news, TimFan.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

What sad news. You and your family have my condolences, Kath.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sorry to hear of your loss TF!!!

It's now official, daughter and 2 of her friends will be signing a lease on Friday (I think it's Friday) on a house that they had looked at on Saturday. They had been looking for months IN Chicago but the stuff they could afford were in horrible neighborhoods, etc. We are only a bit over an hour away from Chicago, or a little less than 2 hours away by train so they decided to move to a community about 45 minutes west of here, right on Lake Michigan. The house they have found is a wonderful beach home which is surrounded by summer lake property and the people they are renting from are actually living in Quebec and have several homes all over the states they own. She can keep the 2 jobs she has and instead of having to drive 45 minutes to get there, she's only 10 minutes away and is 5 minutes away from the train station so will just go back and forth to Chicago for school or modeling or whatever, that way. She sure made her Dad (and I) happy with this news. We were really worried about her moving to Chicago, especially after having so many places they had looked at in bad areas. All 3 of them are taking classes in Chicago and her and 1 of the other girls have been doing some modeling for a young designer over there with a photographer friend who already lives there. I just think this is the best thing for all of them right now as do the other 2 sets of parents. No switching jobs, etc....

Now to just get her moved. Hope I survive it. Saturday night/Sunday morning, about 3:40 am, the phone rang and when I reached for it, the caller ID read Indiana University. My heart sank of course. It was an automated voice saying that the police were investigating a shooting on Jordan Street and had informed everyone to stay in their homes. I guess it's all part of new security measures on the campus that not only sends out calls to all the students, but parents also, letting them know of potential danger. It's a good thing but it sure scares the crap out of you at that hour of the morning. I thought having kids moving OUT when they were old enough would be easier...but there are moments.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Parents getting calls too? I thought you had to sign up for that - is it default at IU?

I guess Katie going to school in England is off, obviously, but I didn't know she was into modeling. Is that just a sideline or is she planning on making a career out of it? Best of luck to her, regardless! I'm sure she will succeed at whatever she chooses. She's been blessed with both brains and looks - not a bad combination!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

It's funny how much our kids lives are mirrors of each other Willie. Jenni moved out a few months ago. I HATED the neighborhood she moved to. It was on a VERY busy street in a crummy run down neighborhood a long way on the other side of town. A week ago, she and her boyfriend moved to a much better neighborhood. The apartment is a tiny studio in an old historic building built in the 20s (Jenni is convinced it's haunted by Nazi concentration camp guards because there are swastikas and iron crosses carved into the stones in the court yard, but being pre-nazi era, the swastikas and iron crosses had a much different meaning when the place was built) This place is just a few blocks from where Cliff works and my cousin lives just a few miles up the road. I feel much better having her there whether or NOT it's haunted by Nazis LOL
    What an exciting time for Katie!! and the house sounds great! I know you must be going nuts between the moving, the middle of the night phone calls (which by the way would have me with ulcers) and the modeling in Chicago! I hate to see my babies grow up so fast!

It must be a default at IU, didn't sign up for them.

As for college in England---nope, just couldn't be pulled off with the financing, etc. She was pretty disappointed at first but then realized doesn't mean she won't get the chance to travel later and has already booked a trip to Germany for next year.

As for modeling, it's something she kinda fell into but has no plans to make it more than that. A friend of hers is a photographer that was hired by the designer to photograph his new line but didn't want to deal with hiring the models and asked if she knew anyone. She took some test shots of Kate and the other girl and showed them to the designer, who, and I quote, "fell in love with her red hair, porcelain skin and the way she carries herself". I've seen the pictures, and I know I'm partial, but they are gorgeous. We are very proud of her. She just turned 19 a few weeks ago and is really becoming quite the young lady.

TBF, good luck to your daughter In this new phase of life!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    It's funny how much our kids lives are mirrors of each other Willie.
    I've thought that often, also, Rhonda. I know Jenni & Dillon are the same age and all. We can commiserate together as all this happens. But can I say, I'm very happy that my youngest ISN'T the same age as yours? I don't think I could handle many more years of this.