Page 269 of 300 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

BTW, for the curious, Troub arrived in Oklahoma safe and sound last night and is currently having a good time with Peek.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Glad to hear that and wish I were there too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well my appointment yesterday was a waste of my time. The doctor doesn't have enough evidence to do anything about removing the gallbladder and instead recommends endoscopy (scope down the throat) to look for a possible lesion there or possibly back to the original idea about an ulcer. So I will go see a Gastroenterologist AGAIN for that. I've had this stomach pain for 2 years and I'm SO tired of getting the run around. God it makes me SO mad!!!!
    How frustrating for you Austin. I really feel for you. I hope they find the real reason soon. Hang in there.

Got a text from Lou when she arrived in Oklahoma, delighted to hear she in enjoying herself with Jess
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Those girls probably partied all night and are sleeping all day!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This is one of "those days". It was 4 years ago today that my Dad passed away from his second bout with cancer.These kind of days are always difficult as all of you probably know but it seems this ones a bit different since it was only 3 months ago that we also lost my Mom. I admit, I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that at least they are together again.

Next obstacle is next week and Thanksgiving. The year Dad died, his funeral was the day before Thanksgiving so we changed the whole day and made it different and went right back into the "tradition" the following year. This year my brother and I have decided to do something totally different also by taking the whole family to a place called Amish Acres for their Thanksgiving buffet. Next year we will start a new tradition, just not sure what it will be yet. For my whole 48 years, it's always been a huge dinner that Mom prepared at their house. Time will tell, I guess.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

TBF - Hang in there and take care!

Thanks everyone. And yes, while I realize it would be bad if they removed it and it was still hurting, having the pain is becoming intolerable for me. They better figure something out - that's all I can say. I'm about ready to remove the damn thing myself. All of my doctors (both my own doctor and all of the ER docs) think it is the gallbladder. This surgeon I went to is very conservative about doing surgery - I've seen him before and he really is not a Dr I care for but that's who they scheduled me with. My next step is to see a Gastroenterologist for the scopes and if they can't find anything, I'm going to ask to see a different surgeon in a bigger place. I'm getting sick of getting the run around and them not finding anything wrong or doing anything about it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Willie, thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

I also have sad memories at Thanksgiving. My m-n-l passed away 3 years ago on the 18th and my Dad passed away 2 years ago the 19th. Those 2 Thanksgivings were very rough at the time. We still have my Mom though and she is preparing a huge dinner this year as usual.

Austin, I'm sorry you are getting the run around, but I'm sure the doctors just want to do the right thing.

Also, I sent you a pm. Did you get it?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I feel so lucky to still have both my parents. Days like the anniversary of the death and the holidays must be so difficult - to have them close together must make it more so. Just try to focus on the good times.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's never easy when you have lost a loved one, even after years. Hope the good memories help about the pain!
    Last edited by Koala; 11-18-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Willie and Brooke, I really feel for you both. I hope the memories of times past will help you through this years Thanksgiving season and also the knowledge that you were part of happy families. Like Soda, I too am blessed to have both parents still alive, Mum in her late 70s, and Dad 85. But I know how precarious life can be and I thank God every day for them. We'll all be thinking of you.

Austin, can you not change your surgeon to a different one if you feel the one you were assigned is too conservative? I hope they can sort out your problems soon. Its not right that you be in such pain.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP