Page 276 of 300 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 2991

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Hope you're doing okay, Willie! I echo everyone else - you have raised two awesome, independent, confident young adults! I know it must be hard to let them go, but you should be very proud. (Besides, they'll be back soon enough... when the laundry pile gets too high to see over. )

I'm sorry I've been quiet lately... this is the first real chance I've had to spend time on The Border since I arrived home from America. I've been on Facebook but mainly on my phone. I was ill for the first few days after I arrived home - I'm only just feeling back to my normal self. I have a bit of a sore throat still, and a cough that's lingering, but I feel SO much better than I did! I then had to work a stretch of four night shifts, so all I did was sleep and work over the weekend.

My PGCE (teacher training) interview was yesterday. I only received the invitation letter last Tuesday, so I didn't have too much time to psyche myself up for it, but I think it went well. I should know before Christmas whether I have been offered a place or not. If so, I will be starting next September. The PGCE Primary courses are very competitive though, so we will see. If it's meant to be, it will be.

As some of you may have seen on Facebook, I had a wonderful time in America. Vegas was so much fun and the concert was awesome. It was great meeting up with Nancy again! I feel so lucky to have such amazing friends out in Oklahoma... it's like I have a whole other life over there. I had not one but two Thanksgiving dinners, and saw a lot more of the state during my second week. Christi introduced me to a guy that she has known for ages, and we just clicked... He took me to various places, museums and historical sites, that were so interesting. We had a lot of fun, and really liked each other. We have been in touch every day since I have been home. I am going back over there in the spring and he is working on getting a passport, so I know he is planning to come over here at some point... I guess we will see what happens, but I am so glad that I met him. Without getting carried away, it feels totally different to anything before. I miss him a lot, and I know he feels the same. We'll see how it goes.

I chatted to Jess and Christi the other morning on FB when I got home from work, and they are already making plans for my next trip! I feel so blessed to have such good friends and to have seen such incredible places. And all because of The Border.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

So excited for you Lou!!! He's very handsome!! Hope it all works out for you and can't wait till you can get back over here in the spring.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Lou, sounds that the trip to america was in every way good for you! I'm happy for you!
    No worry about the PGCE interview, I'm sure you have made this great!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Troub, this is great! Glad you are feeling better!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like everything is going so well for you Lou and I too am delighted. Your new guy looks lovely and I'm sure you will have a great time when you return to see him in the Spring. I hope too that the PGCE will bring you good news. You sound like you have a very exciting year to come. I really hope everything works out the way you want it to. You deserve it
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Glad to hear from you on here, Lou! Of course you know how much fun I had with you guys! Glad you're feeling better and I sure hope things go well with the interview.

I didn't know about this guy! oooh la la!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    He's very handsome!!
    Did I miss something? I don't see a photo - was it posted on Facebook?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yup Soda, Look at her pictures from her trip, there's a picture of the two of them. Very handsome and as Cathy said, very Don Henleyish.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was just looking at the stats. Amazing! We have reached 3000 threads. soda, did you ever think in your wildest dreams that the Bordeer would be so successful? Well done to you and once again, thanks for all the hard work that you do to keep it up and running, and interesting!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

No-one knew about this till yesterday, Nanc (apart from Jess and Christi!) I haven't mentioned it on FB because it's very early days, and he is a friend on there. LOL. But I wanted to share it with you guys and partly to explain why I might seem a bit preoccupied at the moment.

There are a few pics of him at the end of my "Stateside" album. His name is Howard. (I have tagged him.)

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I was just looking at the stats. Amazing! We have reached 3000 threads. soda, did you ever think in your wildest dreams that the Bordeer would be so successful? Well done to you and once again, thanks for all the hard work that you do to keep it up and running, and interesting!
    Funny you should mention this - the Border turns five tomorrow and I was planning a celebratory thread! Cool that it has lined up like that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten