Page 4 of 300 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Banned

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Yard clean up is the order of my day. All the rain has made the plants and garden sad, but the weeds are very happy.

Now I wll sit here for a bit with the air conditioning blowing at my feet.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Awwww Eve! You do need to relax! Put on some nice music and put up those pink feet!

Koala, I'm sorry to hear of the separation of Taylor's parents. I hope they can sort everything so as to cause the children the least amount of trauma as possible.

I think relationships are very strange things. My parents have been married 52 years now and Pauls were 45 before his Mum passed away in 2003. Both sets of parents have had their ups and downs in life but managed to stay together. I know some couples where their marriages worked against all odds and in the strangest of circumstances, while other couples that one would think were glued together sometimes don't make it. Is there a recipe? I dunno!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

The key is that you have a family who has fun together and has the tenacity to work through the rough times so that those fun times can be enjoyed in the future. Don't know if that works, but it sounds good <LOL>

I feel bad for those people who have to go through the trauma (and it IS trauma!) of separation and divorce...the kids and the adults too.

We had a party for Miles to celebrate his fourth birthday. I can hardly believe he's already four and now has a baby sister. Seems like only yesterday that I was carrying him around. Just as with Miles, I can't bear to put Megan down when I have the option to be holding her!

http://mvabercrombie.net/abercrombie...0_0612_BD.html

MikeA

Banned

That is one cute little boy. Enjoy it dad, before you know it you will be asking him if he wants a beer.

I think his Dad has me beat out on that Eve....Phil's hobby is brewing beer. But one way I'm going to beat his Dad out if he doesn't get busy....I'm going to teach Miles to ride a bike without training wheels! Actually, it is his Mom that doesn't went him learning to ride. She's afraid that he'll be too fast for them to keep up with. Ench!

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Mike, LOVE the party pics! Miles has grown so much and the baby is so beautiful! I want one of those bouncy houses at my next party (Definitely a consideration for your next Vinyl party, Willie...) that is way too cool! With the pool and the bouncy house, looks like you and Verna should do this for a living!! *G*

Nothing terribly exciting happening around here. This is the last week of school for Sarah. It was supposed to be last week, but they extended it because of the school closures this winter. This weekend was FINALLY summer! about 80 degrees and full sun! I got my tan on! (yay!) and worked in the garden. Consequently, I am NOT moving very fast this morning, and I still havent got everything in... or even weeded out!! but I got a good start. Went to M&Ds for dinner last night and my Dad surprised me with a new printer/scanner! (YAY DAD!) Mine died and we had to borrow theirs to do a home work assignment for Sarah, so Dad just bought us a new one! What a guy! Then Mom grilled Fillet Mignon for dinner! (Why did I move out again?.. oh yeah, that whole husband/getting married thing...) Anyway, it was a great weekend and this will be a short week and NEXT weekend.. THE CABIN!! (yay!! happy naked dancing on the river!!)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Mike, LOVE the party pics! Miles has grown so much and the baby is so beautiful! I want one of those bouncy houses at my next party (Definitely a consideration for your next Vinyl party, Willie...) that is way too cool! With the pool and the bouncy house, looks like you and Verna should do this for a living!! *G*
    Couldn't you just see 15 drunks bouncing around in this to the beats of The Stones, Zeppelin or Floyd? I wouldn't want to clean up after that! But thanks for the suggestion Rhonda!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Lovely pictures, Mike. Looks like much fun was had by all! Thanks for saying that I'd be very welcome in the States. It's not out of the question, by any means... I'd need to learn to drive first, though!

Koala, I'm sorry to hear about Taylor's parents. My mum and dad divorced when I was eight, and it is tough for all concerned.

Rhonda, sounds like you had a great weekend. What a sweetheart your dad is!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I think his Dad has me beat out on that Eve....Phil's hobby is brewing beer. But one way I'm going to beat his Dad out if he doesn't get busy....I'm going to teach Miles to ride a bike without training wheels! Actually, it is his Mom that doesn't went him learning to ride. She's afraid that he'll be too fast for them to keep up with. Ench!
    Brewing beer is my husbands hobby. I am not a beer drinker, but according to everybody that drinks his beer, it's pretty good stuff. I can't tell the difference from beer to the next.

I just got my hair trimmed into my cute pixie haircut. Nice and short to piss off all the men in my life.

I'm currently in my bathroom with my cat and laptop waiting out a tornado warning. Oh, and I also brought in my Longbranch Pennywhistle album signed by Glenn and JD Souther. Only the stuff that can't be replaced!

ETA: Looks like it's already moving away from us. That was quick! It's moving east towards Indiana's Cass County. Linden, Indiana which is 15 miles south of here, is still under a tornado warning. Gotta love it when you even think of the Eagles when you're listening to the weather channel detail tornado warnings and telling which areas to take shelter.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten